Return to Baseball Leftovers

Asdrubal Cabrera thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Asdrubal Cabrera thread

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:29 pm

UGADawgGuy wrote:I've been debating whether to drop Ian Desmond or Alexei Ramirez (my two current SS-eligible players in an eight-team H2H league) in favor of Cabrera for the last few days. I feel like maybe the unpredictable Desmond is expendable at this point...

-- UGADawgGuy

Considering you have the solid Alexei, I'd say speculating on a second SS makes Desmond a lower consequence drop, and I'd do it.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UGADawgGuy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
UGADawgGuy wrote:I've been debating whether to drop Ian Desmond or Alexei Ramirez (my two current SS-eligible players in an eight-team H2H league) in favor of Cabrera for the last few days. I feel like maybe the unpredictable Desmond is expendable at this point...

-- UGADawgGuy

Considering you have the solid Alexei, I'd say speculating on a second SS makes Desmond a lower consequence drop, and I'd do it.

Yep...I did exactly that within about an hour of making that "thinking out loud" post. I now feel like I have the best 1-2 punch at SS in my league, although I guess that remains to be seen!

For the first time ever, this league has only eight managers, which I imagine is really going to have an effect on waiver strategy. I also have a feeling that it's going to produce a hell of a lot more parity, given that we all have really solid rosters. I wonder what typically makes the difference between winning and losing in a small H2H league like this...I suspect all our records will be around .500 at season's end.

-- UGADawgGuy
UGADawgGuy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 047 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:55 pm

I remember some LOLs when I called 20 HR.

Another jack tonight, now at .308-33-10-33-6 with a .908 OPS in 185 AB. Obviously he's going to slow down, but...since he's set a new career-high in HR (in May :-° ) I think the more relevant question is:

What are your final projections on the year?...trying to sell sky high on him or no? Personally I'm sitting tight...ton of value considering ADP and the position.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby cs3 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:15 am

cant you get steals some steals for a lot cheaper than a top 4 SS?
id def be looking to the OF for SB, before i traded a guy whos off to the kind of start that Asdrubal is for a SS who basically only helps you in SB's and maybe in runs. hes definitely a liability in 2 categories and not helping in a third
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thecrownjewels » Tue May 24, 2011 1:27 am

j24jags wrote:
047 wrote:I remember some LOLs when I called 20 HR.

Another jack tonight, now at .308-33-10-33-6 with a .908 OPS in 185 AB. Obviously he's going to slow down, but...since he's set a new career-high in HR (in May :-° ) I think the more relevant question is:

What are your final projections on the year?...trying to sell sky high on him or no? Personally I'm sitting tight...ton of value considering ADP and the position.

I just traded him straight up for Andrus. I needed SBs bad (2nd to last in my league in this cat), we'll see how this ends up working out. I traded my last round pick for an 8th round pick though who fits my team's needs a little bit better...

Ouch j24....I like Andrus and all but how does Asdrubal not fit any team's needs? I think you'll end up regretting that move and the team you traded him to has to be loving life. All you have to do is watch Cabrera's sweet swing to know he's legit. If you wanted to move him, I think you could have aimed much, much higher. Hope it works out for your team though.
thecrownjewels
College Coach
College Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby DbacksRback » Tue May 24, 2011 1:34 am

Somehow he was available on may 16th and I grabbed him. Been a fun ride
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby kab21 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:39 am

cs3 wrote:cant you get steals some steals for a lot cheaper than a top 4 SS?
id def be looking to the OF for SB, before i traded a guy whos off to the kind of start that Asdrubal is for a SS who basically only helps you in SB's and maybe in runs. hes definitely a liability in 2 categories and not helping in a third

Asdrubal is going to be crazy overdrafted next year. What he has done this year is incredible and I'm thrilled to have him on one of my teams but I'll be looking to sell high on him this season.

I also think Andrus kind of sucks. I don't care how many SB's he can get.
My website - The World Is Not That Big
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 108)

Postby cs3 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:52 am

i think id just deal with a team full of tortoises then and be happy with the great production in every other category hen, because Andrus isnt going to single handedly win steals for you.
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers