Thanks for the additional info- just what I was looking for. I don't play ESPN, so not sure what the percentages mean. But it's likely the same idea as in Yahoo- it means that that specific player is owner in X% of all total leagues. Somebody like Albert Pujols, for example, is probably 100%, whereas an Angel Pagan may be 85%, and so on.
As for your team, don't worry about where you are ranked after 1 week....there's 162 games of baseball!
- Your pitching (both SP and RP) has the potential to be explosive. With the guys you have, garnering K's should certainly be no problem. Myers and Beckett worry me the most b/c of age and injury potential, so monitor that. Good replacements would be, if still available, Jhoulys Chacin, Travis Wood, Gio Gonzalez, RA Dickey, Jorge De La Rosa, or Jon Niese
- Your power numbers on offense should be good, considering Howard, Reynolds, and Werth specifically.Weaknesses
- For a 10-team league, there are several lineup spots where you fall out of the top-5. Specifically, these guys may end more a hindrance than anything else: OF Seth Smith, Col , UTIL Hideki Matsui, Oak DH, Bench Carlos Beltran, NYM, Bench Vladimir Guerrero, Bal DH, Bench Magglio Ordonez, Det OF. Too circa-2003 All Star game for me, and I worry about playing time for Smith. Finally, they are all OF.
- There's gotta be a better option than Mitch Moreland.
- Brandon League is going to lose save opp's once Aardsma returns. Suggestions
1. Look into a two-for-one type deal where you trade a SP (Myers or Beckett) plus an OF (really anybody outside Werth, Victorino, and possibly Swisher) and use it to upgrade a bat. Aim for a guy who will hit above .290 and perhaps steal some bases
2. Having done the 2 for 1, fill the extra roster spot with a better MI player. Are any of the following still around? Jed Lawrie, Alicedes Escobar, or Sean Rodriguez would be nice choices if possible.
3. Your RP will decrease once Leauge stops getting save chances. Are Jordan Walden, Luke Greggerson, or even Brad Lidge available?
Finally, I noticed you didn't name a catcher...does your league not have them?
Let me know, and when you do, post the best available Waiver Wire players.
Thanks, and good luck!