I inherited a keeper team this year. Its keepers are awesome. Amazing pitchers. This is a pretty deep NL only league, head to head, 12-team 25 man rosters.
However, its owner missed the draft before handing it off, and so the rest of the team was autopicked. I ended up with a complete mess.
I'm not one to give up though. I'm trying to slowly, via the WW improve the team.
Here are the problem spots:
1B: Giambi, Jason
2B: Wigginton, Ty
OF: Nady, Xavier
OF: Fukodome, Kosuke
U: Janish, Paul
U: Polanco, Placido (looks somewhat reasonable)
U: Barney, Darwin
The best players available on the WW that I can see right now (this is how bad it is):
So my questions:
1. Are any of those WW players upgrades to my sad group above?
2. What players currently on my team are suckiest going forward? Who should I prioritize in dumping first?
3. What's the strategy to get a 1B when there are literally zero of them with any sort of playing time on the WW? Are there any NL 1Bmen who I should be stashing, in anticipation of a likely injury? Giambi seems beyond useless in my 1B spot.
4. I am HOPING that Barney gets the full time 2B job, at which point I can slot him in to 2B. What are the chances of this?
5. What on earth is with Fukodome? Is he done? Should I just dump him? Or could he retain a starting roll? He has been benched for 3 games now.
6. Francisco, Juan... any chance he gets a regular role? Should I hold onto him as a prospect?