Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

KEEP FOUR: Hamilton, Sabathia, Tex, Youkilis, Heyward WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

KEEP FOUR: Hamilton, Sabathia, Tex, Youkilis, Heyward WHIR

Postby kidnemisis » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Hey guys, would love some help. 5 X 5 rotisserie mixed keeper league. Taking over a team. League is heavy on hitting with C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, and DH for some perplexing reason. Only 7 active pitching spots -- 5 SP and 2 RP.

Out of Josh Hamilton, CC Sabathia, Mark Teixeira, Kevin Youkilis, and Jason Heyward I was leaning towards Hamilton over Youkilis. But the CI position makes me nervous and I feel like its going to be tough to fill. Hamilton gets hurts a lot which I hate but he's a stud. As of right now leaning towards Hamilton because I feel that I want an anchor for my staff, a top 1B and a young stud in Heyward. Any help is appreciated and I'll help in return. Thanks.

P.S. Clearly, I'm waffling back and forth on this. 12 offensive spots only 7 pitcher. Do I drop Sabathia since pitching is deep? Maybe go all hitters then first two rounds of the redraft (I pick 8th out of 12) I grab two of the top starters? Is it only worth it if I check to see which starters would go back into the pool? Anyway, let me know.
kidnemisis
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: KEEP FOUR: Hamilton, Sabathia, Tex, Youkilis, Heyward WHIR

Postby Padres Fan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:20 pm

I might go with leaving out Tex, but seeing you as a Yankee fan I see why you over value him, but 1b is a talent strong position come draft time, and Youks 1b/3b eligibility makes him more valuable IMO, Hamilton is a stud and Heyward is on par to be a bigger stud, if hitrting is more important in this league, then maybe forgo CC, and draft a stronger pitcher, than him, plus he has led baseball in innings pitched the last 5 years, is on the wrong side of 30, and out of shape, so it's a possibility this is the year he gets hurt.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=423267
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby kidnemisis » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I'm a Yankee fan but my willingness to drop CC should let you know I'm not going to let it blind me. I just hate Youkilis haha. No but seriously, he is prob a shade more valuable than Tex because he can play 3B and give me more flexibility but I'm starting to feel like dropping Sabathia isn't the worst idea. That way I have a core of solid hitters and I think pitching is ridiculously deep in the middle rounds. I think I'm just going to have to look at all the teams and see who I would keep and then see what pitchers I can take in the first two rounds of the redraft to offset losing Sabathia. But I'm still open to advice.
kidnemisis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Drop CC
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby kidnemisis » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Thanks man. It looks like that's what I should do. Especially if I can draft a couple good pitchers early on.
kidnemisis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Seanyfever » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:21 pm

CC goes, but I would try to sell on CC and Heyward... Is it possible to make a flip.... Even on that matter... Package CC with any of these, and you may come out with even a better four. Good luck.

Lend me your voice?
viewtopic.php?t=423288
Last edited by Seanyfever on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 308)

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:22 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Drop CC

;-D

CC is solid, no doubt, but starting your team off with those four hitters would be a better choice, IMO.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -9)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions