Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Stubbs for Neftali, straight up, or straight crazy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stubbs for Neftali, straight up, or straight crazy?

Postby Newkie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:51 am

Would you trade away Stubbs for Neftali Feliz straight up? I am in a 12 manager H2H 6x6 keeper league and we can keep 10 players.
Below is my keeper list as of now: I usually punt on saves, but I feel Neftali might be that dominant RP, and if for some reason they do make him a SP, I could at least use him with only the two Lee, and Anderson on my list. I think they will keep him at RP though.
With all of the above said, I only have a late first, an early 4th, and a 6-15 rounds left after some trades, good and bad. A manager has offered me Liriano for my first and yet another offered me CBills for my early 4th. Which of the 3 offers looks good on my behalf, if any...

Thanks

McCann
Texiera
Phillips
Alexia Ramirez
Ethier
Choo
Werth
Stubbs
C. Lee
Brett Anderson
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Stubbs for Neftali, straight up, or straight crazy?

Postby DividedByZero » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:08 am

I'm struggling with the idea of keeping Neftali as well.. I got him way late in the draft last year (18th rd) so he's got amazing value for that.. but still. its SAVES!

He's starting a spring game tomorrow.. maybe that'll help determine if he has any shot of being a SP.
DividedByZero
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:24 am

I would keep Stubbs.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 413)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby fast dogs » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:35 am

they are being drafted around the same time, its not a crazy deal at least. If it keeps you from punting saves before you even start it might be allright... tho I do like Stubbs alot this year
When asking for roster advice in these pages, remember there are thousands of different sets of league rules & many different active roster settings. If you want the best replies, be sure to include your leagues particulars in the original post
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 144)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions