Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help With Who I should cut in 12 man Full Keeper?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help With Who I should cut in 12 man Full Keeper?

Postby geauxtigers777 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:16 pm

This is a head to head 12 team keeper league with a total of up to 28 keepers per team plus a 4 man minor league roster. At the end of the year last year we had a 29 man roster, plus two DL spots. I had both DL spots filled plus I am calling up Freddie Freeman and Hellickson to allow me to draft a full compliment of minor league players. Here is my team:
1B: Ike davis, A. Laroche, C. Lee K. Kia'aihue, F. Freeman

2B: B. Phillips, R. Raburn
3B: A Ramirez
SS: J. Reyes
C: J Mauer
OF: C. Crawford, C. Lee(eligible 1B/OF), A. McCutchen, N. McClouth, R. Raburn(eligible 2B/OF), G. Sizemore, and Mike Stanton.
SP: F. Carmona, G. Gonzalez, T. Hanson, D. Hudson, J. Jurrjens, I. Kennedy, J. Lester, M. Minor, R. Oswalt, R. Porcello, M. Scherzer, A. Sanchez, B. Webb, Travis Wood, J. Hellickson
RP: J. Axford, C. Perez, H. Street

I have to drop five if I call up Freeman from my minor league team. I plan to drop T. Wood and K. Ka'aihue for sure. I then am trapped on dropping M. Minor, F. Carmona, McClouth (depending on spring), Raburn (like 2B flexibility; possibly 30 HR guy), and not calling up Freeman right away but losing a minor league draft spot. What do you suggest? Other option is to drop one closer (since we can only start 2 per week) and hope no one gets injured and hit waiver wire.
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help With Who I should cut in 12 man Full Keeper?

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Do not drop a closer or Rayburn.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 413)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Help With Who I should cut in 12 man Full Keeper?

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:41 pm

I would drop Kia'aihue, McClouth, Webb, and Wood. I know you wanted to call Freeman up, but you've got enough players who are 1B eligible already, and I don't see him outperforming any of them at this point. And I assume you can call him up during the season if he suddenly breaks out or something.
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions