Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

This one is a duesy... Ubaldo for Haren/Ike Davis + more....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

This one is a duesy... Ubaldo for Haren/Ike Davis + more....

Postby Acelit » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:03 pm

4th year into 12 Team Dynasty League - H2H - 5x5 standard yahoo cat - C, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, OF x3, Uti x2, 2 SP, 2 RP, 4 P, 4 DL.

Trade on the table, I hold the trigger...
Friend offering: Ubaldo Jimenez, Michael Cuddyer, his 1st rnd draft pick (6th pick overall) and his 2nd rnd draft pick (4th pick in rnd)
My guys: Dan Haren, Ike Davis, Jason Kubel, my 1st rnd draft pick (11th pick)

My Team:
Friends team, he was an expansion team 2 years ago lol so he's trying to build up a team:

Draft order based on previous year standings, I got silver :/
So not every manager will drop 1 or 2 guys for them to have picks this year, so picks might come earlier. Not serpentine style draft.
The free agent draft pool is mostly rookies/prospects, up-and-comers, filler guys, and vets. Here's an idea:

Is it worth upgrading to Jimenez for Haren? I feel like this a chance for me to get rid of Haren since he usually disappears in the 2nd half and older than Jimenez. Also would want a higher draft pick to possibly get a guy like Moustakas, Trout, Hosmer, or Julio Teheron, Casey Kelly or other elite prospects. Quite a few are taken already too. I'll end up with like 3 or 4 picks. I was planning on keeping Ike Davis as one of my UTI's. You all think Ike Davis will be something really special? Or am I just crazy not to take this deal?

I planned on dropping Jason Kubel anyways, also Chris Carter, Randy Wolf, and Chris Tillman. Maybe Slowey if he comes out of the bullpen, but I'm keeping a close eye on the twinkies rotation. I can probably get some of these guys back if I wanted too, but planning on getting better guys/prospects in the draft.

Any suggestions would greatly help! Thanks.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This one is a duesy... Ubaldo for Haren/Ike Davis + more....

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:22 pm

I would take Jimenez.
Davis is ok, but i see a lower ceiling then Billy Butler.
Casey Kelly is overrated to me.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 413)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions