Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011, Session 2, Day 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2, Day 3

Postby wake » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
wake wrote:Why are you guys voting for Dream? Giants just said he's found out who the last two mafia were but then he's placed votes on bills and coug today. If he was the real investigator then he would've known they obviously weren't mafia and he would've started out voting for dream or lebowski.

lol you're a funny guy

Yeah, they must've all just put my posts on ignore after my Day 2 theory.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Here's why townies should declare roles:

Scenario 1: Each "special" townie is declared by one person (no mafia faking being a special townie, that's next post). "special townies" = doc, investigator, vig, and watcher

In this case, we have 4 "special" townies, Inukchuk (who would be cleared by Mookie, who claims to have watched him and knows he is regular townie. if Mookie is the only one to say he was a watcher, then we know Mookie's claim is true), and 7 "regular townies (2 of which are mafia)".

Here's how we deal with that.

Today (day 3): Lynch one of the "regular townies" (could be mafia, could not be).

Night 33: Investigator, Watcher, Vigilante all each pick a different member to investigate (in vigilante's case kill, but it's really irrelevant. Worst case scenario- Investigator/watcher find townies. Vigilatne kills townie. Oh, and Mafia kills investigator/watcher, so only 2 identities are successfully attained (dead townie + investigator/watcher).

Status after day/night 3: 3 "special" townies, Inukchuk, another "cleared" townie (investigator/watcher target), and 4 "uncleared" townies (2 mafia). 7 total townies, 2 mafia

Explanation: Special townie killed by mafia. 4-1=3. One townie lynched, so identity is known. One townie ("cleared townie") is cleared by investigator/watcher (whoever lives), and another townie is killed by vigilante. So of the 7 "unknown" townies to begin the day, 3 of them have had their identities revealed.

Day 4: Lynch another from the "uncleared townies". Town lynches otnwie

Night 4: Investigator/watcher and vigilante do investigations. Worst-case scenario: investigator dead and vigilante tries to kill Mafia, but is rejected by bodyguard. Mafia kills investigator/watcher

Status: 2 "special townies" (doc and vig), Inukchuk, the "cleared" townie from night 1, and 2 "uncleared" townies (1 of which is mafia), and the known mafia.

5 total townies, 2 mafia

Explanation: At first glance, one would think that worst-case scenario would involve vigilante killing tonwie. But it doesn't; the result of lynching a townie and having the vig accidentally kill the other townie is that there are 2 "special townies" remaining, Inuk, the "cleared" townie from night 1's investigation, and 2 "unknown townies", who would both have to be mafia since there would be 2 mafia left. So that would be an easy lynch-out from there. Town just eradicates the 2 mafia.

Now, as for the actual worst-case scenario I described, the town lynched a mafia, and the vig killed another townie. That means we have 3-1=2 special townies left, plus the "cleared" townies from before, and 4-2=2 "uncleared townies", as one "uncleared" townie was lynched and another was killed by vig.

Day 5: Town lynches one "uncleared townie", and gets in wrong, killing the townie.

Night 5: Mafia kills vigilante

Status: Doc still alive, Inukchuk alive, and cleared townie alive. 2 known mafia alive as well.

Explanation: Since there are only 2 "unknown" identities left, lynching one means the other is known. So both mafia are known, and the town lynches out the last 2 mafia quickly on Day 6 and 7.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Guys, stop voting. Giants might be trying to pull a fast one, who knows. Think it through first. This hyper-aggressive play from Giants suggests that he MAY (may, not IS) be trying desperation tactics to salvage the game. The quick vote for me sure says so, along with the flip-flop from me to dream and the babbling to Cougs. It could just be GF having fun, but let's wait before we take him at his word.

lol you guys are ridiculous. just end the game already.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:44 pm

ah i see, buffalo is just mad he typed up that entire post for no reason BECAUSE THE GAME IS ALREADY OVER.

seriously just kill me if you want and then you'll see that i'm the investigator and we can all move on with our lives.

DREAM AND BIGLEBOWSKI ARE THE MAFIA.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:45 pm

at this point i say we vote off Dream...if he turns up a townie for some reason we know GF is dirty
...and if anyone but Dream wants to claim inspector i'll protect you tonight (either they kill me and you live or they waste a kill attempt by me protecting you)

worst case Dream is the inspector and we have the vigilante off GF tonight and have to find 1 last mafia
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:47 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:DREAM AND BIGLEBOWSKI ARE THE MAFIA.

Question before I jump on wholeheartedly. Why did you investigate Lebo?

because i have a 6th sense for scumbag mafioso.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:48 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:ah i see, buffalo is just mad he typed up that entire post for no reason BECAUSE THE GAME IS ALREADY OVER.

seriously just kill me if you want and then you'll see that i'm the investigator and we can all move on with our lives.

DREAM AND BIGLEBOWSKI ARE THE MAFIA.

Fair enough. I 99% agree with you, it's just that if I were mafia at this point, this would be EXACTLY what I would do, since it'd be the only hope of victory.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:49 pm

7 needed for a lynch? yeah, think 12 remaining players so 7 for a lynch.

votes:

Dream 4 (mookie giants lambskin, shiz)
Giants 1 (wake)
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -14)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk