Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Which six?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which six?

Postby Surfs up » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Well I should say which one or two to go with these four or five?
This is my team . We keep six.I will give you the player and the years left I can keep him.I'm also looking to see if you think I should try to package a couple of players for an upgrade and what player to go after.
Definate keepers
Miggy Cabrera ( 1 )
Pujols ( 2 )
Utley ( 2 )
Mauer ( 2 )
Hanley (3 )

Not sure
Nelson Cruz (2 )
Jose Bautista (3 )
Liriano (3 )
Scherzer ( 2 )
Bumgarner (3 )
Furcal 2( )
I'm torn between keeping Bautista ( 3 b ) or Cruz . I wasn't planning on keeping any pitchers. I tried to package Mauer and Liriano for Crawford but he said no. I tried the same deal for Cargo but that owner also said no. I offered to include Bautista instead of Liriano but again he said no.
I might be able to pry Wainwright away from his owner but it would cost me Mauer. I think I would prefer to keep Mauer and get pitching at the draft.I have also thought of trying to move up a few spots in the draft. Maybe offer a player or two and my first round pick?
Some names avalible . Verlander, J. Santana , Lester, Lincecum, Beckett and Billingsley. Hamilton, Arod, Braun, Tex , Tulo and Pence. I have the 12 pick in the first round.
Standard 5x5.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 711)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which six?

Postby ayebatter » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:29 am

Nelson Cruz
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:45 am

Agree with Cruz.

And if you can move up in the draft then you should. Getting any of those outside of Pence and maybe Santana would be great for your team.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -31)

Postby kcbrett5 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Agree with Cruz
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Postby Surfs up » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:26 pm

I've sent out offers to four teams that are have draft picks in the top six. I offered Bautista Liriano and my pick #12 for their pick . Both are first round picks. One has already said no thanks.
Would I be foolish to include Mauer instead of Bautista with Liriano? I would keep both Cruz and Bautista if I did that. I might have a better shot at getting a top four or five pick.Thoughts ?
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kcbrett5 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:38 pm

I think I would stay with what you have. You have the best catcher, Short and one may argue the best at 2nd. and THE top 2 at 1st. You should only have to focus on Pitching in the start of the draft.
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Postby Surfs up » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:53 pm

Think I'm asking for too high of a pick for Bautista and Liriano? Think I should think more in the 2-3-4 rounds? One thing I have to mention is. When we do a picks trade we have to give one back. It can be in another round.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby prguy1979 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:53 pm

How many of the teams ahead of you are stacked at pitching already? if more than half I would stay with what you have as well. If they are stacked at pitching that means they will be targeting guys like ARod, Braun, Hamilton, Tex etc in other words non pitchers which is what you will be targeting. Remember too every year their is 2 to 3 pitchers that come out of no were to dominate. As of your final keeper. I would also go with Cruz. If not Cruz I would target Liriano over the other pitchers.
16 team mix BA R RBI BB SB SLG ERA W K HD S Whip
C /Castro
1/3/CI Donaldson/Wright/Votto
2/SS/MI
OF Jones/Brantly/Trout
DH
P Sale/Wanwrigth/Wheeler
prguy1979
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:47 pm

If you can get a pick in the first four picks, then I would probably trade Mauer. I would probably take Braun, Tex, Tulo and Linc over Mauer though not by much. But if not then I wouldn't make a deal. As for trading for more draft picks, it is always worth a try. I mean you are going to lose those players to the draft anyway so you might as well get something in return if you can.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -31)

Postby Surfs up » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:35 pm

MaudDib wrote:If you can get a pick in the first four picks, then I would probably trade Mauer. I would probably take Braun, Tex, Tulo and Linc over Mauer though not by much. But if not then I wouldn't make a deal. As for trading for more draft picks, it is always worth a try. I mean you are going to lose those players to the draft anyway so you might as well get something in return if you can.

As far as the picks are concerned.Exactly what I was thinking.
Most teams have at least one top pitcher. Some have two. I just can't see keeping one or two pitchers with only six keepers.
Very doubtful I can get a top four pick unless I really spice up the offer.
These guy will come off the board first. Braun, Hamilton, Tulo, Tex, Kemp, and Arod. Other hitters that will be there are Pence, Granderson, Victorino, Markakis, Jeter, Figgins, Abreau , D. Lee BJ Upton and probably Sizemore. His owner has better options.
Pitchers. Lester, Beckett, verlander, Lincecum , Billingsley Jo. Santana and of course Liriano and Scherzer if i can't trade them.
I'm pretty much guarenteed to get two of these guys even if I don't make a trade.
Given my keepers. would you target a guy like Verlander or Lester if either is still there? Or go after a hitter and start taking pitching a round or two later? I do have two picks in the 5th round.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions