Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Jameson Taillon or Anthony Rendon?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jameson Taillon or Anthony Rendon?

Postby orakskins » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:34 am

I'm currently in the midst of my leagues' prospect draft, and although I never thought this would've happened, it's looking like I'm going to have to make a choice between Anthony Rendon and Jameson Taillon. I'm in a position to where I do not have to draft based on need, so I honestly just need to decipher which of these highly outed guys will have the better career? I'm inclined to take Taillon, but this is because I LOVE good pitching, and because I feel he has solid mechanics and basically no injury history, unlike Rendon. But pitching prospects are riskier than hitters, and I do really like Rendon. So what do you think guys, who has the better career out of these two guys when it's all said and done?
orakskins
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jameson Taillon or Anthony Rendon?

Postby RunReyesRun » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:11 pm

Obviously it is extremely difficult to project who will have the better MLB career at this stage - but with prospects, you take upside. I think Taillon is easily the choice here.
RunReyesRun
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -2)

Re: Jameson Taillon or Anthony Rendon?

Postby orakskins » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks for the response. I actually ended up going with Rendon, mainly due to risk. Rendon has put up monster numbers against older, better players (college) than Taillon, and as a general rule, prospect hitters are less risky than prospect pitchers...especially pitchers out of high school. With that being said, Taillon has all the tools to become an ace, but if both Rendon and Taillon reach their full potential, I'd rather have the everyday production of Rendon over the once-every-5-day production of Taillon.

This two part article on Rendon from project prospect certainly helped my decision, as well...

http://projectprospect.com/article/2010 ... ort-part-i

If any of you check that article out, I'd like to know what you think.
orakskins
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions