Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Lincy Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lincy Trade

Postby prguy1979 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:03 am

In a 17 team auctions and rotisserie keeper league....100 budget....that requieres you to have:
2 catchers, 1 of each 1st, 2nd, 3rd, SS, CI, and MI, 4 OF, 2 UT(any position), 5 SP, 3 RP, 2 Swingmen (any pitcher)

scoring categories are:

BA, BB, R, RBI, SB, SLG, ERA, HD(Holds), K, S, W, WHIP

My current keepers in consideration are-
Tyler Flower(2.1)Jarrod Salthomoccia(2.1), Jose Lopez(6.1), Jhonny Peralts(5.9), Alex Gonzalex(4.2), Daric Barton(2.1), Jay Bruce(8.8), Brian Roberts(10.5), Scott Posednick(4.1), Denard Span(6.1), Dustin Pedroia(8.1), R.A. Dicky(3.6), Tim Lincicum(8.1), Jeff Niemann(4.1), James Shields(8.1), Carlos Silva(2.1), Brandon Webb(7.2), Barry Zito(2.1), Justin Masterson(3.7), Rafael Soriano(6.6), Joe Nathan(.10)

I honestly might not keep many of them at all...it all depends on what I see during spring training and were they land in the off season. Outside of Lincy, Nathan and Pedroia and maybe Bruce, Span, Soriano, Niemann...im not sold on any of the rest at those prices....

In order to get more keepers, not sure if these two are keepers at the prices but I was offered...
Dan Uggla(10.10) and Ian Stewart (8.1) for Lincy....the guy also has Chris Johnson(2.3), Hunter Pence(8.1), Arroyo(3.5), Schezer(8.1) and Garza(9.2)...what do you think? leave link please. My initial reaction is to ask for more.
16 team mix BA R RBI BB SB SLG ERA W K HD S Whip
C /Castro
1/3/CI Donaldson/Wright/Votto
2/SS/MI
OF Jones/Brantly/Trout
DH
P Sale/Wanwrigth/Wheeler
prguy1979
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lincy Trade

Postby fast dogs » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:38 am

more keepers aren't much of a factor in an auction; value keepers are what you want. Linc is 1 of a handfull of guys you have that seems well worth his price tag. I don't see any reason to get Stewart at the same price Linc is; Uggla's a top 2nd basemen but not a value at 10% of your payroll. I don't see any names you mentioned worth Linc; but 4 or 5 of your own favored 7 seems a good starting point.
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 371)

Postby MaudDib » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:52 am

fast dogs wrote:more keepers aren't much of a factor in an auction; value keepers are what you want. Linc is 1 of a handfull of guys you have that seems well worth his price tag. I don't see any reason to get Stewart at the same price Linc is; Uggla's a top 2nd basemen but not a value at 10% of your payroll. I don't see any names you mentioned worth Linc; but 4 or 5 of your own favored 7 seems a good starting point.

;-D

I also wouldn't keep Soriano. RP are way to volatile to spend some decent coin on. Even Bruce at 8.8 seems high. I don't have other big name to compare him to but at Lincs 8.1 it doesn't seem all that great.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -31)

Postby kcbrett5 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:07 pm

At 24 players needed, about $4.1 per player, you would be spending over 18 on 2 of the 24, being Stewart and Uggla, no way. Lincy is worth the 8.1. Keep him.
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Postby prguy1979 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks for advice all, ill pass
16 team mix BA R RBI BB SB SLG ERA W K HD S Whip
C /Castro
1/3/CI Donaldson/Wright/Votto
2/SS/MI
OF Jones/Brantly/Trout
DH
P Sale/Wanwrigth/Wheeler
prguy1979
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BravesGuy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:55 am

thanks for the help with mine and sorry it took so long for my reply. I think you made the right choice
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 29)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions