Return to Baseball Leftovers

NL Gold Glove Winners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NL Gold Glove Winners

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:28 pm

C Yadier Molina, Cardinals 3
1B Albert Pujols, Cardinals 2
2B Brandon Phillips, Reds 2
3B Scott Rolen, Reds 8
SS Troy Tulowitzi, Rockies 1
OF Michael Bourn, Astros 2
OF Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies 1
OF Shane Victorino, Phillies 3
P Bronson Arroyo, Reds 1

No Andres Torres is a bigger joke than Jeter winning a gold glove. He was heads and shoulders above any other NL outfielder and only behind Brett Gardner in all of baseball (who also didn't get one). Cargo is a below average fielder according to UZR but a breakout offensive season obviously means you deserve a gold glove as well. What a dumb award.
Image
25
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14179
(Past Year: 302)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: NL Gold Glove Winners

Postby bigken117 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:No Andres Torres is a bigger joke than Jeter winning a gold glove.


I know you may be carrying slight bias, but it isn't.

GiantsFan14 wrote:What a dumb award.


Yep.
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12872
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Re: NL Gold Glove Winners

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:15 am

bigken117 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:No Andres Torres is a bigger joke than Jeter winning a gold glove.


I know you may be carrying slight bias, but it isn't.


wait WHY DIDN'T TRAVIS ISHIKAWA WIN THE GOLD GLOVE!?!?!?!?!
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6505
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: NL Gold Glove Winners

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:26 am

RocinanteTwo (12:25:43 AM): cargo won a gold glove
RocinanteTwo (12:25:52 AM): that means he is objectively better at defense than torres
RocinanteTwo (12:25:57 AM): go rockies
Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: NL Gold Glove Winners

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:31 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:C Yadier Molina, Cardinals 3
1B Albert Pujols, Cardinals 2
2B Brandon Phillips, Reds 2
3B Scott Rolen, Reds 8
SS Troy Tulowitzi, Rockies 1
OF Michael Bourn, Astros 2
OF Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies 1
OF Shane Victorino, Phillies 3
P Bronson Arroyo, Reds 1

No Andres Torres is a bigger joke than Jeter winning a gold glove. He was heads and shoulders above any other NL outfielder and only behind Brett Gardner in all of baseball (who also didn't get one). Cargo is a below average fielder according to UZR but a breakout offensive season obviously means you deserve a gold glove as well. What a dumb award.



Like I said with the Al....offensive production always seems to find a way to matter. I would of liked to see torres take cargos spot and polanco take rolens.
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NL Gold Glove Winners

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:54 am

yup we all know defensive efforts are mostly the product of a player wanting to make up for a poor showing at the plate. ;-D
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6505
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: NL Gold Glove Winners

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:28 am

It's kind of a joke that the NL even has Gold Glove awards considering who crappy the hitting is. Of course it's easy to play defense in the NL, nobody hits the ball hard. All Gold Glove awards should go to AL East players.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NL Gold Glove Winners

Postby dAnzac » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:32 am

Art Vandelay wrote:It's kind of a joke that the NL even has Gold Glove awards considering who crappy the hitting is. Of course it's easy to play defense in the NL, nobody hits the ball hard. All Gold Glove awards should go to AL West players. Now lets all have some cake.


This this this
Image
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 621
Joined: 4 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Do alligators alligate?

Re: NL Gold Glove Winners

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:47 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:RocinanteTwo (12:25:43 AM): cargo won a gold glove
RocinanteTwo (12:25:52 AM): that means he is objectively better at defense than torres
RocinanteTwo (12:25:57 AM): go rockies


lol
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: NL Gold Glove Winners

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:It's kind of a joke that the NL even has Gold Glove awards considering who crappy the hitting is. Of course it's easy to play defense in the NL, nobody hits the ball hard. All Gold Glove awards should go to AL East players.

Agreed. From what I can decipher, NL offenses consist of bunting and weak hit and runs.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests