Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

MI to keep for cutdown WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MI to keep for cutdown WHIR

Postby Phillip » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:02 pm

10 team keeper league 6X6 (OPS and Holds) we cut to 12 this weekend and then to 7-10 in February. 2 C, 1B, 3B, CI, 2B, SS, MI, 5 OF, 9 P.

Should I put Alexei Ramirez or Kelly Johnson on my 12 list. Neither is likely to make the cut to 10 and I have a 2B and SS ahead of each of them (although the SS is Andrus and he is a bit more questionable).

Secondary question: If Carlos Zambrano is in the mix how do the three rate. Would you keep one of the MIs and Zambrano or both MIs? (Again this is more of a question for the 11th and 12th spots, rather than a top 10 spot that would be kept in Feb.)
Phillip
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MI to keep for cutdown WHIR

Postby fast dogs » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Big Z shouldn't be in the discussion. Alexei over KJ
When asking for roster advice in these pages, remember there are thousands of different sets of league rules & many different active roster settings. If you want the best replies, be sure to include your leagues particulars in the original post
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 146)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:50 am

Alexei and KJ are solid value picks (plus give you some depth, if all you got to choose is between them and big z keep your productive MIs) Perfect trade bait. I have a feeling you'd get a little upgrade somewhere with them than a Zambrano trade, unless you are in a league with a hardcore Cubs fan and even then I'm not so sure...
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1530)

Postby ayebatter » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:22 am

MadDog36 wrote:Alexei and KJ are solid value picks (plus give you some depth, if all you got to choose is between them and big z keep your productive MIs) Perfect trade bait. I have a feeling you'd get a little upgrade somewhere with them than a Zambrano trade, unless you are in a league with a hardcore Cubs fan and even then I'm not so sure...

This.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby kp6299 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Alexi over KJ hands down
kp6299
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby runxc3200 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Yeah, if you have any doubts, just to reaffirm Alexei over Johnson.
runxc3200
College Coach
College Coach

Postby curl » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:09 pm

I think Johnson will be better next year, but I think there is a perception that Ramirez is more valuable, making him slightly easier to trade. I'd pass on Zambrano.
curl
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:22 pm

MadDog36 wrote:Alexei and KJ are solid value picks (plus give you some depth, if all you got to choose is between them and big z keep your productive MIs) Perfect trade bait. I have a feeling you'd get a little upgrade somewhere with them than a Zambrano trade, unless you are in a league with a hardcore Cubs fan and even then I'm not so sure...

;-D
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions