Competitive, active and experienced fantasy baseball owner seeks an established Keeper or Dynasty league to join for the 2011 baseball season (and possibly beyond).
Previous results in casual/public leagues have been extremely strong, dating back to Sandbox leagues in 1999/2000. 2010 results: Finished 1st/12 in private H2H league and 3rd/12 in private Roto league.
Dashing, handsome, athletic, and uproariously funny, I'm confident that I could be a positive addition to any fun-loving and competitive league. References (and possibly topless pictures) available upon request.
Ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- High percentage of competitive and long-term owners (none of those half-empty every off-season leagues please).
- Moderate entry fee and payout system (something in the order of $50-100 total cost for the season).
- Money held by Leaguesafe or some other reputable method.
- On-line auction at the league site or via email (or local to the Chicago, IL area for a live).
- Rotisserie Style: 5x5 or 6x6 with any reasonable categories (no 10x10's need apply)
- Yahoo! site and setup or comparable (do not enjoy CBS/ESPN site/format)
- Auction style team selection with FAAB budgets (or something more "fair" than rolling waivers)
- Player pool depth in the range of 300-400 players (12-15 teams AL&NL, depending on bench sizes)
- Keeper/salary rules which allow for competition throughout the league in every season while rewarding diligent owners with a mild advantage in the following seasons. (For example: Keeping somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of roster, or salary rules which encourage 2-3 year keepers.)
- At least some off-season league activity, whether that's keeper functions, trades, or just message-board fodder, I'd like to stay involved going into the winter meetings and spring training, not just have everyone show up for the draft.
- Strong commissioner and/or independent review panels for trade/veto resolutions.
- Open teams which are at least salvageable for 2011 season. I'm not going to be buying into any long-term rebuilding projects here while getting my ass handed to me for the next two seasons.
I'm willing to be flexible on many of these items, provided the league is in some similar manner, but I'm definitely not interested in the unbalanced, non-competitive leagues which abound among casual friends and acquaintances.
I'm indifferent (and inexperienced) with ultra-deep leagues or leagues which include long benches of minor league players, but would be willing to try anything along those lines if no better opportunity arises.
Interested parties please PM me.