Page 1 of 1

The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:13 pm
by Zito is God
I realize Mark Reynolds is batting close to the Mendoza line, but he has real power and the fact that he has been sliding from 3rd to 4th to 6th and now to 7th tonight is ridiculous. Its not a good way to turn him around and even worse when him and J-Up are your "star players". No respect.

Re: The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:33 am
by baseball77
Snakes Gould wrote:he currently has a lower OPS than chris young and adam laroche who hit 5th and 6th tonight. this is absolutely nothing like the debacle last year in LA in my opinion.

also, depending on how you feel about strike outs when creating your lineup (personally, i dont mind them all that much, but im sure most managers would prefer to have guys at least put the wood on it as opposed to striking out once out of every 2.3 ABs), im sure this has something to do with it.



I agree. i don't think this is comparable to the Kemp situation. Reynolds is currently on pace to shatter his own strikeout record with 233. :-o i don't like strikeouts because it guarantees you're at bat was as unproductive as possible. If you at least make contact and put the ball in play, you have a chance to move runners up, have the fielder make an error, find a gap, etc.

Re: The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:18 pm
by dmattingly23
Snakes Gould wrote:he currently has a lower OPS than chris young and adam laroche who hit 5th and 6th tonight. this is absolutely nothing like the debacle last year in LA in my opinion.

also, depending on how you feel about strike outs when creating your lineup (personally, i dont mind them all that much, but im sure most managers would prefer to have guys at least put the wood on it as opposed to striking out once out of every 2.3 ABs), im sure this has something to do with it.


Agreed. Reynolds is a great fantasy player not real player. And he's not in upton's class.

7th is fine for him.

Re: The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:38 pm
by Ursa
dmattingly23 wrote:
Agreed. Reynolds is a great fantasy player not real player. And he's not in upton's class.

7th is fine for him.

As one who drafted him 22nd overall, I have to agree. His counting stats are great, his BA sucks (as anyone should have known going in) but he might well be the poster child for a great fantasy player who is nowhere hear that level on the real field.

Re: The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:17 pm
by buffalobillsrul2002
Ursa wrote:
dmattingly23 wrote:
Agreed. Reynolds is a great fantasy player not real player. And he's not in upton's class.

7th is fine for him.

As one who drafted him 22nd overall, I have to agree. His counting stats are great, his BA sucks (as anyone should have known going in) but he might well be the poster child for a great fantasy player who is nowhere hear that level on the real field.


Juan Pierre disagrees :-D

Re: The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:19 pm
by StlSluggers
Plus, he's admitted that he's having confidence issues when batting.

Re: The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:21 am
by Skin Blues
I don't think Ks are that big an issue for a guy near the top of the order. If you're going to get out, a K or a groundout are about equal. and you can't get doubled up if you K. OBA and SLG should be what's looked at, primarily. "Three true outcome" players are more valuable in real life than most people realize. It's understandable to be pissed off if the guy Ks in an important spot, but don't forget the runs he creates in bunches with the longball. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Re: The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am
by thejusman1
Mark Reynolds is nowhere near the caliber of player as Matt Kemp, I'm sorry. This comparison = fail.