Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Buchholz dropped do I add? - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Buchholz dropped do I add? - WHIR

Postby soty » Wed May 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Clay Buchholz was just dropped in my keeper league and I am interested in him, but I am not sure I have a spot for him on my roster? I have the #1 waiver too so he would be mine if I wanted him. I like my pitching staff I have now and don't really see who I would drop to add another one so I thought I would ask here if Buchholz is for 1) worth the add and 2) if so worth the #1 waiver?

Just so you know guys like Boesch/ F Lewis were just added to my team to take the spot of struggling hitters like Quentin, Pena, Smoak, Ibanez and Upton for that matter. So far they both had done well for me and both have some stability right now so I don't really want to cut them. The struggling hitters I mentioned still have some value in my eyes so I don't really want to out right drop any of them either. What do you think I should do go after Clay or stand pat with what I have?

Also another hitter who appears to be turning it around in Nate McLouth is a FA should I go after him? Here is my team/ settings leave a link and I will help you as always. ;-D

12 Team - H2H - Keeper (8)* - 50 MOVES (12 USED)
R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF(4), UTIL(2), SP(2), RP(2), P(3), BN(7), DL(3)

C R Martin
1B M Cabrera
2B I Kinsler
3B E Longoria
SS H Ramirez
CI C Headley
MI E Aybar
OF S Choo, B Upton, R Ibanez, B Boesch
UTIL J Smoak, F Lewis
BN C Pena, C Quentin, C Santana, M Stanton

SP Y Gallardo, J Peavy, J Shields, J Garcia, C Lewis, T Hudson
RP J Broxton, F Cordero, J Rauch, D Bard
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
(Past Year: -154)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Buchholz dropped do I add? - WHIR

Postby fitz0527 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 pm

I say cut ties with Smoak. He wouldn't be one of your keepers most likely anyway. Clay is looking great tonight.

please help with mine if possible
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=412418&p=3272869#p3272869
fitz0527
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 56)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Ya, Keeper league for sure.....claim him. With Beckett down, I think Clay is going to "Step" up large in his absence, (judging by tonight)

I would dump Lewis or Smoak, With Encarnacion back I don't know if there will be enough at bats for all of (Snider(DL now) Lewis, Bautista, and Encarnacion) I am a Lewis owner I hope I am wrong.

PLEASE HELP ME:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=412303
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 496)

Postby soty » Wed May 19, 2010 10:05 pm

fitz0527 wrote:I say cut ties with Smoak. He wouldn't be one of your keepers most likely anyway. Clay is looking great tonight.

please help with mine if possible
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=412418&p=3272869#p3272869

I thought of that possibility, but Pena doesn't give me too much right now and Headley is not offering up too much power himself. If I were to add Buchholz though should I use my #1 waiver?
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby richiro » Thu May 20, 2010 12:58 am

thats a tough question on the waiver. Do you think for sure someone will put one in for him? If so, I def think he has a good year so I'd consider it.

any help? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=412437
richiro
College Coach
College Coach

Postby clarkw267 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:51 am

I am failing to see why this is even a question.

Drop Fred Lewis now and get Clay.
clarkw267
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 36)

Postby soty » Thu May 20, 2010 8:12 am

2 of you have said to drop Smoak well then that would leave me with Pena having to step it up and I am not sure he will? Smoak is not doing too hot himself these days but with him there is at least a little hope the AVG and other numbers will improve. With Pena you know what you will get HR/RBI and this year is not looking like those numbers will be all that great.

As for the waiver seems like I should hold off on that. I am not sure if someone else will claim him? If they do they do I guess. From what I see here it doesn't seem like its worth it. Cueto was dropped last week and I asked the same type of question about adding him, using waiver so I am just curious as to why Buchholz is someone I should add when Cueto is doing better and I told not to add him?
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby k.k. » Thu May 20, 2010 9:18 am

I think you DEFINITELY want to use your waiver claim to add Buchholz.

Give up who though, yeah, that's tougher. FYI, Ibanez has now slid to batting 7th in the Phillies lineup. His value is certainly not what it once was. With the Jays hitting like they are, Lewis isn't a clear cut sure drop to get Buchholz in. Not in my mind anyway. Smoak perhaps? I guess I'd lean that direction, Smoak or Ibanez.

And yes, if you don't put a claim in, someone else in your league will. I can't imagine Buchholz not being claimed. Honest.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby soty » Thu May 20, 2010 10:21 am

Wow definitely?!? I am on the fence about this one so to see definitely is pretty surprising. I realize that Buchholz is a good young pitcher, but I like the staff I have now its my offense that is giving me issues right now. I mean yeah Smoak isn't doing too hot right now but he has show flashes and at least has the potential to show some sort of improvement in his AVG and other numbers. Whereas Pena is just good for HR/RBI and I am not even sure how good those numbers will be this year with the way he is struggling right now? Do I really want to drop Smoak and have to rely on Pena with the AVG problems I already have in other players like Quentin, Ibanez, Upton, etc? Lewis has pitched good for me and there is nothing comparable to him on the wire right now other than Buchholz so kind of a lateral move if I were to drop him. Fred Lewis and Boesch were both added recently to help my struggling offense and thats what they have done. Both are in good roles right now and are helping my team a lot so I don't really see how I can let one of them go either. I guess its down to Smoak or stand pat. I know that sounds kind of stupid to pass up on Buchholz in a keeper, but right now I am not sure my offense is good enough to take the hit? Hopefully I can hear from a couple others to make up my mind.

As always leave a link and I will help you. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby #Winning » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Whoops! :-X
Last edited by #Winning on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#Winning
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions