Return to Baseball Leftovers

Am I missing something?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Am I missing something?

Postby superotto80 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:50 pm

I have nevin on my bech right now because of his shoulder but i i tohugh he is only listed day to day, why is eveyone talking like he is done for the yr. If he is done let me know whi should pick up
superotto80
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FREAKZILLA » Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:11 pm

Nevin is out indefinitely. He is scheduled to have an MRI and then I think we'll all know a better time frame of how long he is out for. You would have to think this is the kind of injury that could potentially affect his whole season even if he does come back in a reasonable time. I would be prepared to go to Plan B and check your waive wires and possible trades.
FREAKZILLA
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jwhands » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:39 pm

If you ever popped your shoulder out, you would know why people think he's done for the year. It's going to be difficult for him to come back this season and be able to swing the bat effectively.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -150)

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:15 pm

this injury normally comes with a 1-2 months layoff if im not mistaken. but the longterm effect on his swing is more worrisome

or the fact that he seemingly blamed the padres moving him to OF for the injury showing that he really doesnt want to be playing out there.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby superotto80 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:16 pm

i have popped my shoulder out(like a dozen times) i had surgey to get everything tightened up, iwas jsut wondering if he is out all season......so who should i pick up i was thinking of david bell or placido polance .....tell me what u think
superotto80
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jwhands » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:21 pm

Tough call. Polanco is supposed to be batting 2nd in that lineup.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -150)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:32 pm

MLB.com is reporting that Nvin will have surgery as soon as next week, and if surgery is done he will be out for the year
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)

Return to Baseball Leftovers