Return to Baseball Leftovers

Man do I hate yahoo public leagues!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Man do I hate yahoo public leagues!

Postby JJ » Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:16 pm

Some IDIOT in my league actually dropped Magglio Ordonez off his team for no apparent reason. Has anybody here ever seen anything like that before? I've seen owners dump their players already late in the season when they were out of contention but to drop a first round pick before the season even starts???? THIS IS CRAP! :-t
JJ

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby metsfan1969 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:47 pm

I've seen cases of collusion where 1 player drops a stud like Ordonez off of their team so that their buddy, who is first on the waiver standings can pick that player up. That was clearly a case of collusion in our league.
Well Look who has come to the cafe, It's Mr. Met!
metsfan1969

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: -394)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vlad-rules » Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:01 pm

I tend to stay away from public leagues, I would much rather play against only people I know. One year I played in a public league and some idiot dropped his entire team except chris stynes. That ruined all the fun. When you play against people you know that doesn't happen.
Vlad-rules
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby FREAKZILLA » Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:23 pm

That really sucks! I was in a Yahoo Hockey league where the guy dropped his entire roster right after the draft. Hopefully, you have a very good waiver priority when this happens. It's a head to head league so every week somebody picks up about 30 points. The best advice is try to stay away from leagues that you don't know the other owners. If you are going to join a public league I would think the ones that you have to apply to join might be better but not guaranteed.
FREAKZILLA
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby a_downward_spiral » Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:47 pm

My problem with the Yahoo leagues is that you get people sign up and then forget about it. I needed a closer once (and had some great trade bait) and no one would acknoledge the trades that I would propose. When I would post, they would just ignore it.
a_downward_spiral
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers