Return to General Talk

Renting an Apartment

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Renting an Apartment

Postby woodson_28 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:14 pm

My opinion might not matter too much, as I'm still young and renting, but I don't think I would commit to anything financially unless I had a secure job. I mean... in this economy... I graduated a few years back and got a job immediately. After a year +, I took some time off of full-time work to take a few extra classes (a ton of laboratory based classes, so working + school was impossible). When the classes wrapped up, I figured I'd be able to find a job in no time. Despite several promising interviews, I ended up working at Target for a long time despite the fact I have a BS in Psychology and Chemistry. I probably had 5 interviews that went extremely well, but after hearing nothing for a few days-weeks, I'd call them back to here that they've frozen any new hiring for the time being.

Just be weary of any financial commitments when you're income is little to zero.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Renting an Apartment

Postby jfg » Thu May 06, 2010 6:41 pm

No matter what you do though, you're going to be stuck with a commitment when you're looking for housing unless you get lucky and find a friend who needs a roommate. And if you want some privacy and a place to call home, you have to commit to something. Plus, if you have a lot of friends in the area, you might not have a problem subleasing it if things fall through. A 10 month lease at that price isn't bad at all other than it's in South Dakota. :-b
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -127)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk