Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sports Gambling

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sports Gambling

Postby gnarboots11 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Any of you dudes gamble on baseball on the internetz? I am looking to become financially independent via betting on sports and cashing in bigtime. I think I could use my skills to make millions. Is there a place to bet? Somewhere nice and easy that doesn't screw you over?
gnarboots11
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sports Gambling

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 pm

gnarboots11 wrote:Any of you dudes gamble on baseball on the internetz? I am looking to become financially independent via betting on sports and cashing in bigtime. I think I could use my skills to make millions. Is there a place to bet? Somewhere nice and easy that doesn't screw you over?

HAHAHA, sorry this was a good chuckle.

You being serious tho... Cuz Pete says no-no Sir Gnarboots!
Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -4)

Postby gnarboots11 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:48 pm

No I am serious. I spend far too much time everyday checking lineups, checking weather, and following whose hot and whose not specifically for my fantasy baseball team, which doesnt get me very much money only win a few hundred dollars a year. I need to parlay this knowledge into betting on the actual games and making mega bucks. LET'S DO THIS!
gnarboots11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thejusman1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Bodog.com is a decent website...

I caution you though, betting on regular season games is such a crap-shoot. Good luck, but you could get into some serious debt here, so start out small and see what your winning% is like before putting any significant wagers down that could net you "millions."
A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 pm

gnarboots11 wrote:No I am serious. I spend far too much time everyday checking lineups, checking weather, and following whose hot and whose not specifically for my fantasy baseball team, which doesnt get me very much money only win a few hundred dollars a year. I need to parlay this knowledge into betting on the actual games and making mega bucks. LET'S DO THIS!

Lol if it was this easy, we'd all quit school/jobs.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:59 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
gnarboots11 wrote:No I am serious. I spend far too much time everyday checking lineups, checking weather, and following whose hot and whose not specifically for my fantasy baseball team, which doesnt get me very much money only win a few hundred dollars a year. I need to parlay this knowledge into betting on the actual games and making mega bucks. LET'S DO THIS!

Lol if it was this easy, we'd all quit school/jobs.

Exactly what I was saying. Gnar- You posted this like it was a for sure 'bet' at a get rich quick scheme, unless you can predict the future, for real, like thejusman said the regular season is going to screw you every chance it gets.
Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -4)

Postby ensanimal » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:28 pm

Play HERE where you can play for free but win "cash" (very minimal amounts). This way you can see first if you have the real stuff to win all your millions.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -152)

Postby thejusman1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:07 pm

ensanimal wrote:Play HERE where you can play for free but win "cash" (very minimal amounts). This way you can see first if you have the real stuff to win all your millions.

DO NOT play on centsports.com. I had an account on that website and usually my anti-virus software goes nuts. I think they have a lot of spyware. That, and I actually got up to $50.00 on that website and it wouldn't let me cash out.

Seriously, bodog.com is pretty legit. I used it to bet on the SuperBowl. Saints won me some money :-D
A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:33 pm

gnarboots11 wrote:Any of you dudes gamble on baseball on the internetz? I am looking to become financially independent via betting on sports and cashing in bigtime. I think I could use my skills to make millions. Is there a place to bet? Somewhere nice and easy that doesn't screw you over?

As somebody who has laid literally hundreds of thousands of dollars in sports bets in my lifetime, I'm going to highly advise you against attempting to rely on sports betting for any reliable income.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:40 pm

thejusman1 wrote:
ensanimal wrote:Play HERE where you can play for free but win "cash" (very minimal amounts). This way you can see first if you have the real stuff to win all your millions.

DO NOT play on centsports.com. I had an account on that website and usually my anti-virus software goes nuts. I think they have a lot of spyware. That, and I actually got up to $50.00 on that website and it wouldn't let me cash out.

Seriously, bodog.com is pretty legit. I used it to bet on the SuperBowl. Saints won me some money :-D

He should use that site as a learning experience. Very, very few people will make money consistently betting on sports. It's more than just "checking lineups, checking weather, and following whose hot and whose not." It requires good money management, patience, understanding betting lines and how to find value. No one should rely on sports betting as a primary source of income.

I'm fine with people putting money on games to make them more interesting, but you can't get carried away.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -63)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers