Return to General Talk

Cruise, Marry, Shag

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cruise, Marry, Shag

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:18 pm

In memoriam of Gavin and Stacey, I tend to play this game with my friends while out on a road trip (like Vegas) or in a usual commuter traffic jam. The thought finally occurred to me that it might make a good message board game.

Here's the game:

I mention the names of three women and you have to choose...

...one of the three you will marry(have a family with, till death do you part, for eternity)

...one of the three you'll go on a cruise ship around the world with, for the rest of your life. NOTE: You and this person are the only passengers on this ship and you must spend every single minute with this lady. However, you don't have to sleep with her.

...and the other one, you have to have a long, hard, brutal... Well, no, it doesn't have to be any one of those things, you just have to shag 'em (one night stand).

Anyone who posts here, must reply to the Cruise, Marry, Shag post before them AND mention 3 women for the next poster to answer, and so on...

There are no rules, but whatever you do, don't make it too boring. For example, if you ask someone Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, and Keeley Hazell, well, the game's no fun, is it? Likewise, too many Betty White, Mae Young, and Barbara Bush questions and this game is sunk. Feel free to post one pic per person, especially if they're not particularly famous.

I'll start it off:

Amy Winehouse
Rosie O'Donnell
Sharon Osborne
Last edited by The Artful Dodger on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cruise, Marry, Shag

Postby thedude » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:23 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:cruise

This is part different than the version of the game I have heard of. Also people usually don't use the term "Shag"
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:31 pm

thedude wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:cruise

This is part different than the version of the game I have heard of. Also people usually don't use the term "Shag"

Yes, I know, I'm staying faithful to the Gavin and Stacey edition of the game. :-b

EDIT: I think the other one is Marry, Shag, Throw off a Cliff (or Kill)
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 pm

Amy Winehouse- Shag: In a group of annoying she takes the cake
Rosie O'Donnell- Cruise: I probably could stand being around her every day forever on a boat more than the other two... and I wouldn't want to sleep with her.
Sharon Osborne- Marry: Second most annoying and I could avoid her in a marriage.

Next up:

Britney Spears
Dr. Sue Johannsen
Ann Coultier
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -127)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Marrying Britney Spears because even if she's a headcase, there's the kinky sex and odds are good I can parlay a public marriage into a musical career thanks to her.

Dr. Sue's a shag. On a cruise ship, hearing about sex advice and not wanting to do it with an octogenarian, would probably drive me insane. Just get the deed done and move on with life, FFS.

Cruise the world with Ann Coulter. Don't agree with what she says, but then again, I'm not at all interested in politics and I'd stay away from the subject as much as possible.

Alright, the next three:

Lindsay Lohan
Queen Latifah
Meryl Streep
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Britney Spears: Shag, no question.

Dr. Sue Johannsen: Cruise so I can go find other girls to shag.

Ann Coultier: Marry, she's a fellow Michigan grad so I know she picks and chooses her spots as far as when to stir the pot....AKA she's really smart and I could live with that.

Next trio:
Marion Jones
Angela Merkel (Chancellor of Germany)
Janeane Garofalo
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:42 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Dr. Sue Johannsen: Cruise so I can go find other girls to shag.

:-b

It would only be you two on that cruise ship. OK, there's probably a crew to pilot and keep the ship on course, but you two are the only passengers on. Should have put that explicitly in the game info.

AquaMan2342 wrote:Next trio:
Marion Jones
Angela Merkel (Chancellor of Germany)
Janeane Garofalo

Merkel on a cruise ship. Jones is a one night stand, because I can't possibly explain to my kids that mommy cheated in competition. Janeane Garofalo doesn't look like a ton of fun to be with, but I do like candid people with some sense of humor and for that, why not, I'd marry.

EDIT: These have gone unanswered

Lindsay Lohan
Queen Latifah
Meryl Streep
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Kathy Griffin: Shag. Get it over with.

Sophia Loren: Marry. The ultimate cougar.

Paris Hilton: Cruise. Can't say I wouldn't have a ton of fun.

Just to get things back on track, AD's last three:

Queen Latifah
Lindsay Lohan
Meryl Streep
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Metroid » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:02 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Queen Latifah
Lindsay Lohan
Meryl Streep

Eek! This is a toughie....I suppose I'd marry Lindsay, hell she knows how to party and I remember hearing she's a sex addict. I guess I'd have to do Queen Latifah because I'm not into humping old ladies and Meryl Streep looks way too much like my grandma. And Meryl Streep seems cool enough to travel with. I dunno...like I said this was a toughie.

How bout...

Lady Gaga
Nancy Grace
Whitney Houston

:-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
(Past Year: -24)
Home Cafe: Football