Return to General Talk

Absolutely Awful at a Phillies Game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Absolutely Awful at a Phillies Game

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm sorry guys... I really do like the Philly fans that frequent the Cafe, but the lot of ya has some issues:

Video Of Child Drinking Beer At Game Leads To Call For Investigation

Child Protective Services want to launch a probe into the child filmed drinking a beer at a recent Philadelphia Phillies baseball game, RadarOnline.com has learned.

In the video clip, a blonde-haired boy takes a swig from a bottle of beer amidst an oblivious crowd of adults during the Phillies game against the San Diego Padres at Citizens Bank Park on June 6.

VIDEO: Kid Caught Drinking Beer At Baseball Game
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -302)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby joejlitz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:22 pm

It's society's fault and Obama's fault that we are the way we are.
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:22 pm

hahah...that's awesome. That kid is going to be a cult hero in Philly.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby Metroid » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:hahah...that's awesome. That kid is going to be a cult hero in Philly.

haha, totally.....bigger than Balboa. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
(Past Year: -24)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:53 pm

meh...

Ann Arbor man gives 7-year-old son alcoholic beverage during Tigers game
By Shawn Smith
April 28, 2008, 11:31AM
DETROIT (AP) -- A son's thirst and a father's oversight at the ballpark turned an otherwise fun outing into an ordeal for one family.

Christopher Ratte of Ann Arbor recently took his 7-year-old son, Leo, to a Detroit Tigers game and stopped at a Comerica Park concession stand to buy him some lemonade. But it wasn't until the top of the ninth inning, when a security guard asked the University of Michigan classical archaeology professor about the bottle in his son's hand, that Ratte learned what puts the hard in Mike's Hard Lemonade.

"I'd never drunk it, never purchased it, never heard of it," Christopher Ratte told Detroit Free Press columnist Brian Dickerson for a story published Monday.

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:01 pm

StlSluggers wrote:I'm sorry guys... I really do like the Philly fans that frequent the Cafe, but the lot of ya has some issues:

Video Of Child Drinking Beer At Game Leads To Call For Investigation

Child Protective Services want to launch a probe into the child filmed drinking a beer at a recent Philadelphia Phillies baseball game, RadarOnline.com has learned.

In the video clip, a blonde-haired boy takes a swig from a bottle of beer amidst an oblivious crowd of adults during the Phillies game against the San Diego Padres at Citizens Bank Park on June 6.

VIDEO: Kid Caught Drinking Beer At Baseball Game

I'm going to go full-blown skeptical on this one. The video is hardly conclusive. I'll grant that it's likely a beer bottle, but it's not conclusive the kid actually drank anything from it. The video is of such poor quality that you can't see him swallow anything.

Here's another possible explanation - water costs an arm and a leg at a baseball game. I have a buddy who buys a bottle of water at local games, drinks it, then refills it from the water fountain and adds a pack of some fruity flavor drink mix, then gives that to his son. Maybe the adult involved in this did something similar, only with a beer bottle.

It's possible the kid just saw dad drinking beer at the game and emulated him. It's possible the dad condones that kind of thing, but I'm super skeptical about that.

There are lots of explanations for this, many of which don't include the kid drinking beer with consent from a Philly's fan.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -17)

Postby great gretzky » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:14 pm

kids do stuff like that all the time, especially at holidays or some such. I am pretty sure I did that when no one was looking when I was little and it was Thanksgiving. It's not gonna kill the kid. And I highly doubt that parent would have let the kid do that. Probably just distracted.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:48 am

When you have to come up with a defense every week I imagine it would be tiring. :-b

Just busting your balls man. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
(Past Year: -24)

Postby knapplc » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Mr. Projectile Vomiter got his comeuppance:

Man jailed for vomiting on baseball fan

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) – A New Jersey man was jailed for up to three months on Friday for making himself vomit on a fellow spectator at a baseball game, the Philadelphia district attorney's office said.

Matthew Clemmens, 21, was sent to prison for at least 30 days, given two years probation, and ordered to serve 50 hours of community service, and pay $315 in restitution after the incident.

"Clemmens pleaded guilty to making himself throw up on a young girl at a Phillies game," the district attorney's office said in a statement.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -17)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk