Return to General Talk

Cold Ketchup Sucks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What temperature do you like your ketchup at?

Room temperature
17%
Cold
34%
Don't Care / Please Quit Making Condiment Threads, JT
48%

Total votes : 29

Re: Cold Ketchup Sucks

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Something I keep thinking of when talking about ketchup and fries, and I'm not sure if this is relevant to OPs intent but when you put a fry, which are generally served hot, into a puddle of ketchup (cold or otherwise), the fry heats the ketchup to room temp before you eat it. I can't think of many things you'd put ketchup on that aren't served hot. Where are you running into all this cold ketchup? This is a farce, sir.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:43 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Something I keep thinking of when talking about ketchup and fries, and I'm not sure if this is relevant to OPs intent but when you put a fry, which are generally served hot, into a puddle of ketchup (cold or otherwise), the fry heats the ketchup to room temp before you eat it. I can't think of many things you'd put ketchup on that aren't served hot. Where are you running into all this cold ketchup? This is a farce, sir.

This is only after your initial foray into said serving of fries though. By the time you are getting near the end, the fries have cooled considerably and therefore effects the ketchup less, leaving you with a possible cold/cold combo.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:53 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:Something I keep thinking of when talking about ketchup and fries, and I'm not sure if this is relevant to OPs intent but when you put a fry, which are generally served hot, into a puddle of ketchup (cold or otherwise), the fry heats the ketchup to room temp before you eat it. I can't think of many things you'd put ketchup on that aren't served hot. Where are you running into all this cold ketchup? This is a farce, sir.

This is only after your initial foray into said serving of fries though. By the time you are getting near the end, the fries have cooled considerably and therefore effects the ketchup less, leaving you with a possible cold/cold combo.

Seems to me you eat too slowly and should be punished with cold/cold for it. :-b

Either eating too slowly or having entirely too many fries to begin with.
Last edited by urbanbreez on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:55 pm

StlSluggers wrote:(like when I order drive-thru and eat at home).
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -302)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:01 am

StlSluggers wrote:

They give you cold ketchup at the drive thru? Which would be in the bag anyway, with the warm food. Assuming you fold the bag closed to avoid the heat from escaping you've practically got a mini ketchup heater working for you the entire way home. Viola, room temp ketch.Tragedy averted.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:35 am

urbanbreez wrote: Viola.

AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:19 am

urbanbreez wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

They give you cold ketchup at the drive thru? Which would be in the bag anyway, with the warm food. Assuming you fold the bag closed to avoid the heat from escaping you've practically got a mini ketchup heater working for you the entire way home. Viola, room temp ketch.Tragedy averted.

fridge, goof ball
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -302)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:08 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
urbanbreez wrote: Viola.

awesome
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -13)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:44 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
ayebatter wrote:The only time I use ketchup is when I have fish and chips, and I might occasionally use 1000 island on fries, otherwise just salt and pepper will do fine.

Ketchup on fish and chips is a travesty. Tartar sauce is OK, but malt vinegar is essential.

;-D ;-D
I was skeptical at first but malt vinegar is awesome on fish and fries.

Vinegar on fries is a very Canadian thing.

Instead of fries I get sweet potato fries whenever possible and they are great with just a touch of salt on them.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Ketchup on fish and chips is a travesty. Tartar sauce is OK, but malt vinegar is essential.

;-D ;-D
I was skeptical at first but malt vinegar is awesome on fish and fries.

gravy and cheese curds on fries is a very Canadian thing.

Instead of fries I get sweet potato fries whenever possible and they are great with just a touch of salt on them.

FTFY
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk