Return to General Talk

Have you ever stuck your tongue on a 9 volt battery?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Have you ever stuck your tongue on a 9 volt battery?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 33

Re: Have you ever stuck your tongue on a 9 volt battery?

Postby mweir145 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Clearly I've been living a sheltered life.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:00 am

knapplc wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Heck I do this every time I want to test a 9 volt battery. Did it a couple weeks ago when I was changing out my smoke detectors. :-b

Yep. I took the battery out of my garage door opener and gave it the standard test. Been doing this my whole life.

I've also grabbed an electric fence at my grandpa's farm. That is very much not recommended, especially if you're older and have heart issues. It's a good way to have your heart explode through your chest wall and land 30 feet away in a puddle of pain and stupid.

i remember back when i was about 10 or so we went to visit a friends family in Tennesee...we were trying to pull his 4 wheeler out of a small stream that ran through their property and i backed into the electric fence :*)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Postby Metroid » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:33 am

Crazy story about electricity. One time when I was a younger dude I was jumping around on my bed, just general little kid horseplay. Anyway I fell back off the bed so that the back of my head/neck hit the lower part of the wall where the electrical outlet was. It just so happened there was a lamp plugged in but the plug wasn't all the way in to the outlet. I was wearing a necklace with some sort of pendant on it, I forget, I also don't remember if it was gold or silver. Anyway, the back of the necklace landed perfectly on the exposed portion of the prongs that were partially plugged in and made a connection. I wasn't electrocuted, maybe a little...I forget, but I remember the necklace "popped" and the pendant flew off. :-o
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
(Past Year: -24)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:30 pm

ouch...another time i went to unplug something and it was partially unplugged and i ended up grabbing both prongs...that sucked
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TheRock » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Ever touched a 9-volt battery to steel wool?
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:51 pm

TheRock wrote:Ever touched a 9-volt battery to steel wool?

This sounds potentially even more fun than licking it.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:ouch...another time i went to unplug something and it was partially unplugged and i ended up grabbing both prongs...that sucked
I did this a couple weeks ago. That was the only time in my life that I ever wished Ben Franklin didn't invent the stuff.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby Metroid » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:ouch...another time i went to unplug something and it was partially unplugged and i ended up grabbing both prongs...that sucked
I did this a couple weeks ago. That was the only time in my life that I ever wished Ben Franklin didn't invent the stuff.

I too have done this, it hurts. I've been zapped by a 220 plug as well....that REALLY hurts. I had to sit down for a while after that one.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Metroid wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

I too have done this, it hurts. I've been zapped by a 220 plug as well....that REALLY hurts. I had to sit down for a while after that one.

that had to suck...at least it wasnt 440 :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I did this a couple weeks ago. That was the only time in my life that I ever wished Ben Franklin didn't invent the stuff.

that had to suck...at least it wasnt 440 :-b

It was pretty crappy, I still remember it vividly. We were finishing up a brick job and I was packing up the tools, our big brick table saw ran on 220, I went to unplug it from the dryer outlet and ZAP! I literally felt ill afterward. :-t

Where would I get zapped by 440? So I can be sure to avoid going near it. :-o
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk