Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rangers Catching Battle

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rangers Catching Battle

Postby TheRock » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:59 pm

I've been watching this battle this spring and offseason. Salty and Taylor Teagarden both come in as over-hyped under-performing prospects. Salty recovering from off-season surgery, both putting up similar, lukewarm stats in ST. Anyone have insights here? One of these guys ever going to be worth owning? Like maybe in a 15 team, 2 catcher league? :-D
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rangers Catching Battle

Postby rookies and cream » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Nothing's been decided. Salty is a bit banged up right now (neck) so I'd guess he'll begin the season on the DL. If that's the case, Max Ramirez will likely start the year as Taylor T's backup. Once Salty comes back, I'm going to (again) guess that he'll serve as the primary catcher, getting about 60% of the workload. Very messy situation indeed. I think DSheppard has an alert signal that goes off whenever a Ranger's question is posted so perhaps he can weigh in on this as well. :-b
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

Postby John Bonzo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:18 pm

Texas management seems intent on giving Salty the majority of time behind the plate if he is healthy, probably making him the more valuable player for the fantasy season. However, I seriously doubt that either he or Teagarden will get enough ABs to help in anything but deep AL only or 2 catcher leagues.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby Seatownfavorite » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:34 pm

What are they doing with Max Ramirez?
Seatownfavorite
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:15 am

he really struggled last season and battled injuries, so they'll probably just wait and see how he rebounds. He seems to be doing alright in spring training. I'm still hoping the Red Sox wind up with him somehow.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -10)

Return to Baseball Leftovers