Earlier in the week, my 10-team, 4-keeper, Yahoo, roto, very competitive league drafted. Here's what I got:
By the way, I picked 10th overall as the defending champ so you can kind of imagine each position I got each player.
Round 1: Matt Holliday
Round 2: Ian Kinsler
Round 3: Nick Markakis
Round 4: Jose Reyes
- The top SS's were already off the board and I was afraid that I could get stuck with a weak SS. I took Reyes knowing his thyroid situation but felt that in the 4th Round, this could be a huge steal if he's able to come back fairly soon.
Round 5: Michael Young
- All of the top 3B's were gone, and in order to fill the position, Young was the top available on my board. I've always thought he was underrated.
Round 6: John Lackey
- Drafted him as my #3 SP, at best.
Round 7: Ricky Nolasco
- All the pundits are raving over this kid, and drafting him as my #4 SP could be huge.
Round 8: Josh Hamilton
- Hamilton fell and I thought that I had to take him at this point.
Round 9: Dan Haren (KEEPER)
Round 10: Hunter Pence
- I felt like Pence fell, too, and I've always liked this kid.
Round 11: Matt Kemp (KEEPER)
Round 12: Justin Verlander (KEEPER)
Round 13: Jorge Posada
- No lie, Mauer was kept and McCann and Martinez were taken in the 2nd Round. At that point I waited until this point to grab a C.
Round 14: Billy Wagner
- Waited on saves and feel like Wagner, if healthy, could be a top 5 closer.
Round 15: Brandon Lyon
- I'm monitoring this situation closely.
Round 16: Kerry Wood
- Drafted him and then had to drop Fowler to add Chris Perez.
Round 17: Ted Lilly
- Took a late round flier with Lilly as my #5 SP.
Round 18: Carlos Gonzalez
- Possibly my best value of the draft.
Round 19: Stephen Drew
- Took him to fill in for Reyes.
Round 20: Kevin Gregg
- Monitoring this one closely, too.
Round 21: Dexter Fowler
- Already had to drop him in order to add Chris Perez.
Round 22: Justin Morneau (KEEPER)
So, my roster looks like this: