Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where Can I Find Draft Rankings for a KEEPER League???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where Can I Find Draft Rankings for a KEEPER League???

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:46 pm

some VERY solid advice here guys!!! im prolly not gonna overdraft those 3 guys then, especially when considering both of your logic here. it makes sense to just draft your 1st yr to win and let the keepers sort themselves out. i still plan on reaching for the guys that i feel i "must have" but id do that in pretty much any draft. thanks for the links and more importantly, thanks for the advice! draftss in 2 hrs, time to do my last minute cramming! ;-D
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Padsin05 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:34 pm

Good Luck, another thing to add is in keeper leagues with a small number of keepers, dont be afraid to sell out. Example, last year I traded Kinsler for 4 guys that I wont even end up keeping but helped me win the league. Those guys were Morales, Mccutchen, Bartlett, and Happ.

I have only 1 pick in the first 4 rounds this year, cause I wasnt afraid to go after players who could help me down the stretch. But with Howard and Mauer, I can go 1 of 3 ways, either trade them and stockpile good players to make another run this year, keep them as centerpieces of next years squad, or trade them to acquire a lot of picks (for example I was already offered a 1 and a 3 for Mauer) Ill hold out for a little while before deciding what to do.

Keeper leagues are just so much more fun imo
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Well the draft went pretty good... the league is with a buncha friends and the majority of us have never pplayed a keeper league... and it showed!! its a 14 team 7x7 (standard 5x5 plus Hits, OPS, Losses, and K/9) i only landed 1 of the 3 targets and it just happened to be the guy i wanted least of the 3, Matt Wieters. One manager wasnt there and had his predraft rankings set ridiculously! he nabbed Jay Bruce in the 3rd freakin round! i wanted him more than any other player in the draft so needless to say, i was very VERY upset with this ridiculous reach! that manager showed up right after his Bruce reach and decided to grab Gallardo in the 4th and Kershaw in the 6th, completely killing my strategy. I ended up with a pretty decent squad but i definitely missed on some guys that i really REALLY wanted... heres my team:

C Matt Wieters (Bal - C)
1B Billy Butler (KC - 1B)
2B Ian Stewart (Col - 2B,3B)
3B Evan Longoria (TB - 3B)
SS Alcides Escobar (Mil - SS)
OF Matt Holliday (StL - OF)
OF Ichiro Suzuki (Sea - OF)
OF Carlos Quentin (CWS - OF)
Util Rajai Davis (Oak - OF)
Util Travis Snider (Tor - OF)
SP Tommy Hanson (Atl - SP)
SP Ricky Nolasco (Fla - SP)
RP Rafael Soriano (TB - RP)
RP Frank Francisco (Tex - RP)
P David Price (TB - SP)
P Max Scherzer (Det - SP)
P Homer Bailey (Cin - SP)
BN Matt LaPorta (Cle - 1B,OF)
BN Juan Pierre (CWS - OF)
BN Jake Fox (Oak - 1B,3B,OF)
BN Brandon Wood (LAA - Util)
BN Francisco Liriano (Min - SP,RP)
BN Jon Rauch (Min - RP)
BN Matt Capps (Was - RP)
BN Chris Young (SD - SP)

Im hoping Escobar doesnt kill me at SS but i think he should hold his own and could be key in my season as he should provide me lots of Hits, Runs, SBs and a good Avg. other than that, i like my team overall, i woulda liked either Kershaw or Gallardo at the top of my rotation with Tommy and Ricky but i like my pitching depth and my K/9 numbers should be solid. the same manaager that took all my other guys also nabbed Neftali Feliz in the 8th before i could so he really ended up being my nemesis by the drafts end. overall i like the body of work i put together but i know its far far from done, now the best part, WW hunting! i specifically added some extra SB guys with Pierre and Rajai, aswell as a 4th closer with (hopefully) Jon Rauch bc i think i could use them as serious tradebait. with 14 teams, closers will be at a premium and i think i could pawn 1 or more of these guys off with maybe one of my SB guys for a pretty decent return.I always like to plan ahead with trades, as i always dump Closers in this league late in the year and fill those RP spots with High K per 9 guys so this season willl be no different, i just have more pieces than normal! wish me luck and please criticize!
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Padsin05 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:44 pm

You definately need to put Quentin at Util, that might keep him healthier, Davis is a better OF'r :*)

team looks pretty good, if you clear a spot go for Adams or Gregorson
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:23 am

Padsin05 wrote:You definately need to put Quentin at Util, that might keep him healthier

I had the same idea :-D
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers