Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My first auction draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My first auction draft

Postby Roger LaFrancois » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:50 am

Thought I would give a yahoo auction draft a try. 12 team Yahoo league with 2 util, $260 budget

1 $34 1B Miguel Cabrera
2 $30 3B David Wright
3 $29 P Felix Hernandez
4 $23 2B Brandon Phillips
5 $22 P Justin Verlander
6 $19 SS Derek Jeter
7 $16 OF BJ Upton
8 $15 P Ricky Nolasco
9 $14 OF Shane Victorino
10 $11 1B Carlos Pena
11 $7 OF Ryan Ludwick
12 $7 P James Shields
13 $6 RP Jose Valverde
14 $5 C Geovany Soto
15 $4 OF Jason Heyward
16 $4 RP Chad Qualls
17 $3 OF Garrett Jones
18 $3 P Scott Kazmir
19 $3 OF Franklin Gutierrez
20 $2 RP Brad Lidge
21 $1 P Clay Buchholz
22 $1 RP Leo Nunez
23 $1 RP Brandon Lyon

My critique. A little heavier in SP than planned but couldn't resist Verlander at $22 after drafting Felix and Nolasco. A little lighter in OF than I preferred so I went for depth. Probably could have done better than Ludwick for $7. Couldn't resist the cheap closers at the end my budget. Will need depth in MI and 3B at some point. Don't feel I overspent much anywhere relative to rest of the draft (maybe a tad on Phillips). Was quite pleased with how I paced myself throughout. At sometime will probably trade a little excess pitching to upgrade OF, hope for 2 for 1 trade to free up roster spot.
Roger LaFrancois
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My first auction draft

Postby fast dogs » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:26 am

a little more than I would have spent on miggy and wright, but for your top stars you didn't get too out of whack for your maiden auction. a solid squad with an eye on adding a FA OF'er or acquiring in a trade; you've got a good team and did waaaay better than I did on my first auction.
When asking for roster advice in these pages, remember there are thousands of different sets of league rules & many different active roster settings. If you want the best replies, be sure to include your leagues particulars in the original post
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 147)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team