Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Performance Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Performance Thread

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 am

I figured, just start a mega thread for all questions that relate to genie that can be bumped throughout the season. This way everyone will know where to put questions or concerns about Yahoo

To start,

Is there anyway, I can make different Images for different leagues?

For instance, I want Image 1 with Team A, and Image 2 with Team B ... is this possible?
Last edited by DaSh 1s on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo FantasyBaseball Performance Thread

Postby GreenMtn! » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 am

DaSh 1s wrote:To start,

For instance, I want Image 1 with Team A, and Image 2 with Team B ... is this possible?

No, unfortunately. This is something I've actually contacted Yahoo about to see if they can change. Still waiting...
GreenMtn!
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:39 am

AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:57 am

Maybe it will be better served here?
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:00 pm

GreenMtn! wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:To start,

No, unfortunately. This is something I've actually contacted Yahoo about to see if they can change. Still waiting...

Is this something, that could go into effect this year? It would be a fun feature as it would allow you to use images particular to all your different team names.

For instance,
One of my teams name is "LesGrossman's Stunnas" and I wanted to put this picture along with it

but the Les Grossman image won't go along with my other team names very well :,-(
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:06 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:Maybe it will be better served here?

That thread is the one FantasySportsGenie uses.....the guy who works for Yahoo! and would be able to answer all of your questions.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Actually please don't put it in there. I'm hoping to use that thread as a repository for the questions I get asked all the time. If it ends up getting filled with questions, nobody will be able to find anything.

re: different images for different teams
At this time you cannot do that. You can have one team use your avatar, another team use one of the stock images, and a third team use an uploaded custom image (for example). But at this time you can't have two teams with two different custom images. That almost surely won't get fixed this season. The trick there is having the infrastructure to allow users to upload and store images and have them reviewable for content. Because while I'm sure everyone here is a saint, plenty of other users would upload more... unsavory images that we can't necessarily allow. So we're a bit subject to the limitations of the platforms that are currently available to us for doing that.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 22)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
The trick there is having the infrastructure to allow users to upload and store images and have them reviewable for content. Because while I'm sure everyone here is a saint, plenty of other users would upload more... unsavory images that we can't necessarily allow. So we're a bit subject to the limitations of the platforms that are currently available to us for doing that.

I thought this might be the reason.
Thanks for letting us have something more then dress up man though ;-D ;-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby Bloody Sox » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Hey Genie -

Hoping you can help me with something: I'm trying to enter in my offline draft results. The problem I'm having is that I can't set the draft order, so when I'm entering in the round-by-round results, they don't get entered in order. I tried to change the draft setting to "live draft", set the proper draft order, then go back to "offline draft". When I did that, the players were then listed in proper order in the page where I enter results, but clearly the order wasn't really changed - the initially highlighted/selected team was not Team #1 per my draft order, and even if I forced Team #1 to be selected, after I enter a player's name and hit enter, Team #2 does not get selected/highlighted. This is going to make entering the results very cumbersome.

What's weird is that I know in another league I'm in, I was able to set the draft order then enter the offline results and it was a piece of cake. Seems like something might have changed?

EDIT: Things are actually worse than I described above - even when I force players to the correct teams in Round 1, as soon as select Round 2, some of the players are getting "unselected" and making it back into the main player pool to select from. It does not appear that I can enter offline results right now - got some help for me? Thanks.

Thanks for your help!
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Another suggestion - let commissioner's draft for other team's during a live draft. There are many cases where that could come in handy.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers