Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Reyes - NYM

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jose Reyes - NYM

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:58 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:haha... Rickie Weeks... but an inactive Reyes this year could really make a push for my most hated list.

In order to determine the biggest jerk, we need to have a jerk-off.

I'll give it to you.. made me laugh (and wasn't a canned joke)
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Kavorka » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 pm

The Mets have announced that doctors have cleared Jose Reyes to resume baseball activities.

His thyroid levels have returned to normal levels, he is his way back to Tradition Field and will hopefully be in camp tomorrow.

Decent shot at Opening Day
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:35 pm

The Kavorka wrote:The Mets have announced that doctors have cleared Jose Reyes to resume baseball activities.

His thyroid levels have returned to normal levels, he is his way back to Tradition Field and will hopefully be in camp tomorrow.

It's pretty ironic that this came out the same day that a NYPost article said that his return to baseball activities was unknown. Here's to Jose actually getting on the field. ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:47 pm

The Kavorka wrote:The Mets have announced that doctors have cleared Jose Reyes to resume baseball activities.

Those owners who took a chance at drafting Reyes in the 4th/5th this year must be giddy with this news.
A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby wurmz07 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:00 pm

thejusman1 wrote:

Those owners who took a chance at drafting Reyes in the 4th/5th this year must be giddy with this news.

My draft is in the 4th round right now, I hope he is there for me in the 5th, but with this news, I don't think so.
wurmz07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -17)

Postby kage812004 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:38 pm

this is great news!! I was so happy to see this today, especially after seeing something yesterday that his status was still unknown and will most likely start the season on the DL. i still havent picked up a SS, i was waiting for him to hit the DL then grab one, no i dont need to worry about that (hopefully)
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:26 am

Jerry Manuel said it on the ESPN broadcast, that "I never dealt with this kinda problem before, and I have no idea when Reyes will be ready to play. He hasnt played this spring. We'll see."
So he might start a year on DL, but probably not.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby rookies and cream » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:26 am

I'd say it's about 50-50 that Reyes is ready by opening day. My hunch is that he won't get into any ST games until after the weekend (no game on Sunday so likely Monday) and won't quite be ready by opening day. But really, what's the difference if he misses 2 or 3 games? It likely won't be more than that...
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers