Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Reyes - NYM

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jose Reyes - NYM

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Wow. To the original poster who I questioned...you are a prophet!

And I am a disgruntled Mets fan. :-[
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saemick » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:39 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Wow. To the original poster who I questioned...you are a prophet!

I have my moments :-]

but believe me...I wish I were wrong. I was actually targeting Reyes in all my drafts b/c I thought he was underrated...now, unless he falls to like the 7th or 8th round, I'll be staying clear I think
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RAmst23 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:20 am

saemick wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Wow. To the original poster who I questioned...you are a prophet!

I have my moments :-]

but believe me...I wish I were wrong. I was actually targeting Reyes in all my drafts b/c I thought he was underrated...now, unless he falls to like the 7th or 8th round, I'll be staying clear I think

Reyes MDP was 23 so, that's definitely dropping. I have no idea where he should go since the timetable range for his return is so huge. If he comes back mid to late April, I'd be willing to take him in the 4th-5th. As long as he has the playing time, he should be productive.. I'm guessing there shouldn't be any lasting effects from something like this??
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:28 am

RAmst23 wrote:Reyes MDP was 23 so, that's definitely dropping. I have no idea where he should go since the timetable range for his return is so huge. If he comes back mid to late April, I'd be willing to take him in the 4th-5th. As long as he has the playing time, he should be productive.. I'm guessing there shouldn't be any lasting effects from something like this??

Doctors have said that chance of reoccurrence is practically nonexistent. As long as he is entirely recovered from the condition before he begins baseball activities again, there will be no lasting effects.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:35 am

Fade2White12 wrote: As long as he is entirely recovered from the condition before he begins baseball activities again, there will be no lasting effects.

AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:35 am

Although it's pure speculation, Ian O'Connor said on the radio yesterday that he could see Omar getting fired at some point and the Mets possibly bringing in Billy Beane at the end of the year. How would you feel about that Aussie? :-? :-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:44 am

rookies and cream wrote:Although it's pure speculation, Ian O'Connor said on the radio yesterday that he could see Omar getting fired at some point and the Mets possibly bringing in Billy Beane at the end of the year. How would you feel about that Aussie? :-? :-D

I would be sad, but it would be interesting at the same time to see Billy with some financial muscle.
We'd still have Forsty, and he learned under the best. :-B
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 am

This is poop. absolute stinky mushy poopy.

Jose Reyes better steal 50 bases this year or I am gonna kick a wall and break my foot. I am never drafting a met again.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 81)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:37 pm

haha... Rickie Weeks... but an inactive Reyes this year could really make a push for my most hated list.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 81)

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:08 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:haha... Rickie Weeks... but an inactive Reyes this year could really make a push for my most hated list.

In order to determine the biggest jerk, we need to have a jerk-off.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers