Is anyone else less than thrilled with the options in the early second round?
We just determined our draft order last Friday, so this past weekend was the first chance I had to really delve into the different scenarios that could play out. I drew the 8th spot in a 10 team, which means I will also have the 13th overall selection. If the 1st round plays out as expected, I will be choosing between Fielder/Tex/MCab. But the probably options available on the turnaround really have me baffled (I feel fairly certain that Kemp, Longoria and Wright will be taken between my picks):
1. Tulo -- not sold on him being taken this high.
2. Kinsler -- I hate taking someone in the first 2 rounds with injury concerns.
3. Holliday -- Really not sure what I think about him this year.
4. Lincecum -- don't like taking SP this early, usually draft offense/power early and frequently.
5. Crawford -- I have typically stayed away from guys early in draft whose value is heavily influenced by SB's.
What are you guys thinking about the early second round (or the options available around picks 11-14)? Is there something I am missing as far as the value of the above options (i.e.: Crawford's speed and "contract year" status make him much more attractive?), or is this part of the draft just a crappy place to be this year?
C M. Montero
OF J Upton, McCutcheon, Choo
Util Kendrys Morales
SP Gallardo, Bumgarner, Latos, Zimmermann, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Hughes, Burnett
RP League, Marshall, Betancourt