Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

14 team roto auction league with deep rosters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

14 team roto auction league with deep rosters

Postby jazzmanljg » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Just finished my main league (14 teams, 23 active, 17 bench spots, standard 5x5 roto). This is my one money league so it gets most of my focus. Almost all the owners know their stuff so nobody is stacked. I finished in the money last year but I had to trade away some prime keepers down the stretch. So my goal this year was to draft a team that would be competitive enough this year to hold my interest but was loaded with young talent to put me in great position for next year. Here it is:

C - Y. Molina
C - B. Posey
1B - R. Howard
2B - A. Cabrera
3B - M. Young
SS - J. Bartlett
MI - M. Tejada
CO - B. Butler
OF - A. Lind
OF - A. Ethier
OF - J. Borbon
OF - N. Swisher
OF - T. Snider
Util - K. Blanks

Bench - L. Castillo, E. Encarnacion, J. Thome, S. Hairston, L. Valbuena, A. Avila, R. Paulino (plus I have J. Heyward and J. Smoak in my minors system).

P - J. Beckett
P - C. Carpenter
P - B. Anderson
P - M. Scherzer
P - J. Sanchez
P - R. Porcello
P - J. Papelbon
P - R. Soriano
P - J. Frasor

Bench - J. Hammel, I. Kennedy, M. Parra, K. Medlen, J. McDonald, T. Gorzelanny, B. League, S. Romo, D. Robertson, and S. Kelley.

So I have three questions:
1. Do I have any chance at finishing in the money (top 3) with this roster or is it TOO young?
2. Did I at least set myself up for next year (Posey, Butler, Lind, Borbon, Snider, Blanks, Scherzer, Sanchez, and all my bench players plus Heyward and Smoak would be keeper eligible with relatively low salaries for next year)?
3. As I watch for pick ups coming out of spring training what categories do I need to pick up? (I'm worried about SBs if Borbon would flop).

I know its a long post, but I appreciate any advice and will gladly help in return.
Thanks to soty for the great sig!
jazzmanljg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14 team roto auction league with deep rosters

Postby Prooks25 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:05 am

I don't think your team can win it all this year, but you have so many sleeper guys on your team, that if even half of them play up to potential you can make some money this year. I'd look to find one more safe source of speed in case Bourbon flops and one more safe source of power. Maybe even trade some of that elite youth you have for some more solid established players.

Your team could be amazing in a few years...IF these guys work out.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -147)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team