Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

5x5 Standard Yahoo Roto (First draft in 5 yrs)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

5x5 Standard Yahoo Roto (First draft in 5 yrs)

Postby Jokes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Standard Yahoo 5x5 roto. (12 teams) Just getting back into fantasy baseball. Any feedback would be great. I'll also do my best to give you an opinion on your own team if you link it.

C- Russell Martin (11)
1B- Albert Pujols (1)
2B-Howie Kendrick (9)
3B- Michael Young(6)
SS- Jimmy Rollins (3)
OF- Jayson Werth (5)
OF- Carlos Lee (7)
OF- Michael Bourn (10)
UT- Martín Prado (13)
UT- Ryan Theriot (16)

BN: Todd Helton (17) Erick Aybar (18) Jermaine Dye (20) Hideki Matsui (23)

SP- Félix Hernández (2)
SP- Dan Haren (4)
RP- Heath Bell (8)
RP- Chad Qualls (14)
P- Hiroki Kuroda (12)
P- Jeff Niemann (15)
P-Ryan Madson (19)
P- Joe Blanton (21)

BN: Scott Downs (22)

Thanks for looking,

-JoKeS-
"Naivete -- the infantile and ignoble joy that sends a grown man or woman to dancing and shouting with joy in the middle of the night over the haphazardous flight of a distant ball -- seems a small price to pay for such a gift." -Roger Anger
Jokes Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5x5 Standard Yahoo Roto (First draft in 5 yrs)

Postby CincyReds11 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Big fan of your offensive side of the draft. Pujols anchoring it and you have a good balance of power and speed with guys like Rollins, Werth, and Kendrick easily capable of putting up double digit SB's and HR's. I'd look for Prado to have an outside shot at a 10/10 year too and at the very least you get the positional flexibility with a .300 BA and some good R totals. I'm a big fan of Bourn too. The kid can fly and with two full seasons under his belt I'd expect stabilization or even further improvement in his BB rate and OBP. 70 steals isn't out of the question.

Pitching wise you have a good one-two with Hernandez and Haren. GREAT value in Blanton in the 21st. He's got great ratio stats and could improve on his already solid numbers from last year. Kuroda is another guy who could have a break out year. In 21 starts last year he had a 3.63 K/BB ratio with a 49.5% GB rate. With his year getting interrupted by injuries, a lot of people forget he was the Dodgers opening day starter last year over Billingsley and Kershaw. As their #3 guy this year, Kuroda could seriously outperform his projections for a Dodgers team that's hungry to rebound from a disappointing end to the season last year. Also, your setup should allow you to effectively stream pitchers for maximum results assuming you are in a league that allows daily or weekly transactions. Solid closer in Heath Bell, although I'd expect saves more in the 30-35 range with how the Padres are this year.

Overall, great draft overall. Couple smart trades and waiver/FAAB pickups mid season and you got a contending sqaud here!
CincyReds11
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -3)

Re: 5x5 Standard Yahoo Roto (First draft in 5 yrs)

Postby jazzmanljg » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Similar feedback here. Love the offensive side. Pitching is just okay for me. If this was H2H you could stream SP and win most weeks. However, the problem in roto is you really can't afford to just punt ERA and WHIP and I don't think you have enough closers to dominate Saves (which you need to do if you are streaming the starters). I think this team as is will struggle in the pitching categories.
Thanks to soty for the great sig!
jazzmanljg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team