Return to Baseball Leftovers

The winning strategy for 2010 Drafts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The winning strategy for 2010 Drafts

Postby Fenway Punk » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:02 am

To address the comments on pitching... it was a 12 team league, and I waited until round 5 where I took Wainwright, Lester, and Verlander in that order. I had pick 10.

And I'm sorry to continue to sound like Nostrodamous, but I did not get lucky with Car-Go. I made sure to select him in all of my drafts for a reason.
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JMB05 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:To address the comments on pitching... it was a 12 team league, and I waited until round 5 where I took Wainwright, Lester, and Verlander in that order. I had pick 10.

And I'm sorry to continue to sound like Nostrodamous, but I did not get lucky with Car-Go. I made sure to select him in all of my drafts for a reason.

If you thought Cargo was going to be the 1 overall player you wouldn't have waited until the 9th round to take him. A great gamble on your part? Sure! The second coming for fantasy baseball gurus? Hardly. I took Liriano in the 10th round, shoot I took Hamilton in the 8th, big whoops.

We all gamble, sometimes we get lucky.
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 pm

If he knew he would be there in the 9th, why would he take him earlier? He was responding to a comment that he was lucky with CarGo which he felt wasn't true. He didn't say he knew he'd be #1 overall either... you just sound bitter, to be honest. Must have been a rough year.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 82)

Postby JMB05 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Skin Blues wrote:If he knew he would be there in the 9th, why would he take him earlier? He was responding to a comment that he was lucky with CarGo which he felt wasn't true. He didn't say he knew he'd be #1 overall either... you just sound bitter, to be honest. Must have been a rough year.

Haha, read my previous posts I won a considerable amount of money, but it wasn't because I am smarter than everybody, it's because I gambled and won, and got LUCKY.

Saying you aren't lucky and just that good is just silly.

Bitter? Where is that coming from?

I am not saying Cargo wasn't a huge pickup, and I am not saying he didn't champion him before the 2010 draft, I 'm saying Cargo out performed everyones expectations, except for Fenway Punk's because he is claiming to have all the answers, that's what I am saying.
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Fenway Punk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:37 am

JMB05 wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:If he knew he would be there in the 9th, why would he take him earlier? He was responding to a comment that he was lucky with CarGo which he felt wasn't true. He didn't say he knew he'd be #1 overall either... you just sound bitter, to be honest. Must have been a rough year.

Haha, read my previous posts I won a considerable amount of money, but it wasn't because I am smarter than everybody, it's because I gambled and won, and got LUCKY.

Saying you aren't lucky and just that good is just silly.

Bitter? Where is that coming from?

I am not saying Cargo wasn't a huge pickup, and I am not saying he didn't champion him before the 2010 draft, I 'm saying Cargo out performed everyones expectations, except for Fenway Punk's because he is claiming to have all the answers, that's what I am saying.

Calm down. I don't have all the answers, I'll be the first to tell you that. I will also be the first to tell you that I am VERY VERY good at this. Look, as I've said before... I eat, sleep, and breathe baseball. Heck, I still play semi-pro ball because I just can't let go. Since my brain has been replaced with leather and red-laces, fantasy baseball comes naturally, and I enjoy using this talent to help others. Sheesh. :-[
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:I eat, sleep, and breathe baseball.

So in other words you're just like everyone else here... Welcome aboard!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 50)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers