Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets FAIL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby B-Chad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 am

AussieDodger wrote:Peter Abraham reminds us of the FAILitude of the Billy Wagner trade.....

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2010/02/red_sox_in_good.html

Here is what the Red Sox have in the early rounds:

First round
No. 20 (From the Braves, compensation for Billy Wagner)
Supplemental First Round
No. 36 (Compensation for Jason Bay)
No. 38 (Compensation for Billy Wagner)
Second round
No. 57 (From the Mets, compensation for Jason Bay)


Props to Theo Epstein. He traded two low-level prospects (Chris Carter and Eddie Lora) to the Mets and in return got 15 appearances from Billy Wagner (during which he had an ERA+ of 237) and two of the first 57 picks in the draft.

That is robbery.


:-b


It's funny, I was just talking to one of my best friends who is a Mets fan and he brought up the Wagner deal, hahaha.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2541
(Past Year: 328)
Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby wrveres » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:19 am

AussieDodger wrote:Peter Abraham reminds us of the FAILitude of the Billy Wagner trade.....
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2010/02/red_sox_in_good.html
Here is what the Red Sox have in the early rounds:
First round
No. 20 (From the Braves, compensation for Billy Wagner)
Supplemental First Round
No. 36 (Compensation for Jason Bay)
No. 38 (Compensation for Billy Wagner)
Second round
No. 57 (From the Mets, compensation for Jason Bay)

Props to Theo Epstein. He traded two low-level prospects (Chris Carter and Eddie Lora) to the Mets and in return got 15 appearances from Billy Wagner (during which he had an ERA+ of 237) and two of the first 57 picks in the draft.
That is robbery.
:-b


that is just .. .. Awesome!!!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31782
(Past Year: 265)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 am

Oh no they didn't.............

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/the-mets-and-mejia

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – If Jenrry Mejia is assigned to the Mets’ Double-A team, he’s not going to be stretched out enough to immediately contribute in the Binghamton rotation. Jerry Manuel is determined to begin using Mejia in short and frequent relief spurts, to gauge how he reacts to pitching in that capacity, the Daily News has learned. The expectation is Mejia will remain in big-league camp through the final week working as a reliever.


Wow.
Wow.
Wow.
That is jaw-droppingly bad. That's Minaya-Era Mets bad..........oh wait :-°
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11378
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:36 am

AussieDodger wrote:Oh no they didn't.............

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/the-mets-and-mejia

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – If Jenrry Mejia is assigned to the Mets’ Double-A team, he’s not going to be stretched out enough to immediately contribute in the Binghamton rotation. Jerry Manuel is determined to begin using Mejia in short and frequent relief spurts, to gauge how he reacts to pitching in that capacity, the Daily News has learned. The expectation is Mejia will remain in big-league camp through the final week working as a reliever.


Wow.
Wow.
Wow.
That is jaw-droppingly bad. That's Minaya-Era Mets bad..........oh wait :-°


Is this really a big deal though? Who cares if it takes Mejia a few games at Binghamtom to get stretched out...
Image
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 6490
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:39 am

rookies and cream wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Oh no they didn't.............

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/the-mets-and-mejia

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – If Jenrry Mejia is assigned to the Mets’ Double-A team, he’s not going to be stretched out enough to immediately contribute in the Binghamton rotation. Jerry Manuel is determined to begin using Mejia in short and frequent relief spurts, to gauge how he reacts to pitching in that capacity, the Daily News has learned. The expectation is Mejia will remain in big-league camp through the final week working as a reliever.


Wow.
Wow.
Wow.
That is jaw-droppingly bad. That's Minaya-Era Mets bad..........oh wait :-°


Is this really a big deal though? Who cares if it takes Mejia a few games at Binghamtom to get stretched out...


Did you read the entire article?
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:41 am

rookies and cream wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Oh no they didn't.............

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/the-mets-and-mejia

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – If Jenrry Mejia is assigned to the Mets’ Double-A team, he’s not going to be stretched out enough to immediately contribute in the Binghamton rotation. Jerry Manuel is determined to begin using Mejia in short and frequent relief spurts, to gauge how he reacts to pitching in that capacity, the Daily News has learned. The expectation is Mejia will remain in big-league camp through the final week working as a reliever.


Wow.
Wow.
Wow.
That is jaw-droppingly bad. That's Minaya-Era Mets bad..........oh wait :-°


Is this really a big deal though? Who cares if it takes Mejia a few games at Binghamtom to get stretched out...


They're looking at him as a reliever. For this year. For the 8th inning. :-X
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11378
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:48 am

AussieDodger wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Oh no they didn't.............

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/the-mets-and-mejia



Wow.
Wow.
Wow.
That is jaw-droppingly bad. That's Minaya-Era Mets bad..........oh wait :-°


Is this really a big deal though? Who cares if it takes Mejia a few games at Binghamtom to get stretched out...


They're looking at him as a reliever. For this year. For the 8th inning. :-X


Yes, I'm aware of this. I'm not sure how I feel about it at this point.
Image
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 6490
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby kab21 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:15 pm

:-t

the problem isn't that they are considering him in a bullpen role. There already is a lot of speculation that he's better suited to be a reliever. The problem is young pitchers shouldn't be jerked around between the bullpen and the rotation. Calling a starter up in August or September as a RP isn't a real big deal. But starting out the season as a RP, then building up your innings later and then back to the bullpen sounds risky to me.

Two other random points. Rushing a pitcher like this is usually done by a competitive team. Are the Mets thinking they are contenders? And when you're starting rotation is as shaky as the Mets is it really a good idea to mess around with your best starting pitching prospect?
My website - The World Is Not That Big
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5372
(Past Year: 108)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:23 pm

kab21 wrote:Two other random points. Rushing a pitcher like this is usually done by a competitive team. Are the Mets thinking they are contenders? And when you're starting rotation is as shaky as the Mets is it really a good idea to mess around with your best starting pitching prospect?


If the Mets don't act like contenders, the Post and Daily News are going to rip Upper Management a new hole. Everyone in that front office, are fighting for their jobs this year. A season like last ensures unemployment. If that means destroying a prospect, so be it.

You can even see it here that Met posters claim they need to rid management.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mets FAIL

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it took the Mets doctors one week to finally diagnose K-Rod with pink eye. In fact it was Ed Coleman, the Mets beat reporter for WFAN, who actually figured out what K-Rod had
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests