BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -297)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 24 Season 8

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Just when I thought this show was getting almost disappointingly predictable....they have an episode like that.

Spoiler Alert:

Did anyone expect Renee to die there? Honestly that came as as big of a shock to me as when Teri died in Season 1. I just didn't see it coming at all. I thought for sure 24 was going to end and Jack would finally be happy and ride off into the sunset with Renee (either that or Jake would die, but the movie rumors dispelled that theory.) Even when they wheeled her into that emergency room, it just seemed like the typical, 'oh now Jack's going to have to find the bad guys while not knowing how Renee is and then he'll save the day and she'll be okay in the end.' And then not only does she die, but she dies almost immediately.

Part of me just feels awful that they did this to Jack again. But part of me is pretty excited at the prospect of Jack going absolutely ape in the last 6 episodes now. Kind of like when he thought Kim was dead at the end of Season 1 and he just charged into that warehouse and destroyed everyone in sight.

Also, sidenote, but I already get the feeling that Logan might be the evil mastermind again here and Jack will wind up finishing him off in hour 24.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Wright2Reyes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 am

Great episode!

I love how they're ending the show. Season 1 ends with Jack's wife dying in his arms and this season's last few episodes take it right back to that personal side of Jack's life.

It sucks that Renee had to die, it seems like everything Jack touches dies. I think Heller said that to him once and its so true...
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jlm53089 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:46 pm

j24jags wrote:Agreed with the previous posts. They did not have to show Jack/Renee "expressing their love" right before she died. That just made it very depressing. We have seen very many great characters die on this show, and if they don't plan on making a 24-movie, I half-expect Jack to be added to the list at the end. He will somehow be forced to make the ultimate sacrifice. That or he will finally retire and live "happily ever after" with Kim and Teri (Jr). We shall see.

It's great to see Logan back. Honestly, as hatable as he is, he is a great actor and a very memorable character. All we need now is for Mike Novick and Aaron Pierce to make appearances and I think we will have all bases covered out of the critical/memorable/still living characters.

Aaron Pierce FTW
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -216)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon May 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Don't get Jack mad :-°
just when I was starting to like her as a character...
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby ayebatter » Tue May 04, 2010 1:48 am

How many Russians does Jack kill next week ??
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue May 04, 2010 7:16 am

ayebatter wrote:How many Russians does Jack kill next week ??

How many does he allow to stay alive?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:51 am

Maybe my new favorite 24 moment...

"You won't take that shot, it's too risky.." and before he has time to blink Jack caps him in the face. I burst out laughing. Jack is glorious.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk