An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
AquaMan2342 wrote:What should we be doing this off-season? A couple things I am thinking strongly about:
1. Absolutely do not overpay for Rodney (or Polanco) if he is offered a nice contract from another team. We don't need to overpay for a closer or lock up another over-the-hill player to a middle to long term contract. I love Polanco but I think it's time to say goodbye.
2. Do not resign Everett or Laird. Get rid of Thames (I was an advocate until this year). Give the starting catcher spot to Avila and see what he does with it.
3. LET RAMON SANTIAGO START SOMEWHERE. WHETHER IT'S SECOND OR SHORT I DON'T CARE BUT HE DESERVES IT AND COSTS NO MONEY.
4. Move Bonderman to the pen and attempt to convert him to closer. I think the Kerry Wood route is about his only legitimate option at this point.
5. Let Raburn take over in LF full-time. He was one of the best hitters in all of baseball in the second half. Despite his f-up in Minnesota he is cheap and can produce.
6. A couple FAs I'd like to see them go after: Felipe Lopez, Nick Johnson and especially Figgins but he's a pipe dream. Sign Chad Cordero to a short-term, incentive laden deal.
My unrealistic, stupid fantasy type move I want us to make: Figure out a way to get Carl Crawford from Tampa Bay. He would be our starting LF. Provided we don't trade Raburn, we would move him to RF and DH Magglio full-time, using Guillen as a four game a week player rotating between 3rd, RF and DH....maybe even 1st to give M-Cab a day off every once in a while.
moochman wrote:Sorry 'bout the rant. Just dreading the upcoming season as what should be a very solid starting pitching staff will have starts wasted by the joke of a team that will be standing behind them.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests