Ubaldo Jimenez for real?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ubaldo Jimenez for real?

Postby acsguitar » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Guzman24 wrote:Another dominant start for Ubaldo

8IP 6H 2ER 2BB 9K

Outdules Timmy for the W.

This guy has just been sick ;-D

I was at the game today(someone gave me free tixs while I was trying to bargain with a scalper!). During the 1st though I stopped by and picked up a cheesesteak down the street (you can take in food to coors). So I watched Ubaldo give up the HR. I told my wife (who follows baseball alot for a girl) that Ubaldo always seems to give up a run or two and then shut people down. I said "he probably won't give up a run the rest of the game even though he looks bad right now". And he did.

Basically it speaks to baldos ability to adjust mid game or mid inning. He's a GREAT pitcher. I hope he has long success in this league.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigLebowski » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:27 pm

I have been lucky enough to grab him off of waivers in two leagues this year. After his early season woe's. ;-D
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -8)

Postby Guzman24 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:35 pm

acsguitar wrote:

8IP 6H 2ER 2BB 9K

I was at the game today(someone gave me free tixs while I was trying to bargain with a scalper!). During the 1st though I stopped by and picked up a cheesesteak down the street (you can take in food to coors). So I watched Ubaldo give up the HR. I told my wife (who follows baseball alot for a girl) that Ubaldo always seems to give up a run or two and then shut people down. I said "he probably won't give up a run the rest of the game even though he looks bad right now". And he did.

Basically it speaks to baldos ability to adjust mid game or mid inning. He's a GREAT pitcher. I hope he has long success in this league.

Must have been quite a treat to be at the game today. Timmy and Ubaldo I would say have the best "stuff" in the league right now. Simply filthy
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -3)

Postby acsguitar » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:15 pm

Guzman24 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

8IP 6H 2ER 2BB 9K

Must have been quite a treat to be at the game today. Timmy and Ubaldo I would say have the best "stuff" in the league right now. Simply filthy

Yea I was psyched. I'm sitting 1st row this thursday vs the dodgers. I can bike in 17 minutes from my house to coors field.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:30 pm

ubaldo sucks, he gave up a HR to Renteria, the worst regular baseball player in the majors.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)

Postby acsguitar » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:34 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:ubaldo sucks, he gave up a HR to Renteria, the worst regular baseball player in the majors.

Probably why he didn't feel it necessary to throw a decent pitch. Chest high over the plate. Ubaldo should've known better.

You have Cain tomorrow though who the Rox's can't hit. Ubaldo is awesome.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:10 am

Ubaldo > Linecum.
A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby Guzman24 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:42 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Ubaldo > Linecum.

I wouldn't go that far but I can definitely see him as a top 10 SP next season ;-D
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -3)

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Guzman24 wrote:

I wouldn't go that far but I can definitely see him as a top 10 SP next season ;-D

I know Linecum is the better pitcher, but I was speaking in terms of that one game match-up. From mostly undrafted to Top 10 consideration next year... 8-o. One thing's for sure, he certainly won't be cheap to acquire.
A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:49 pm

thejusman1 wrote:
Guzman24 wrote:

I know Linecum is the better pitcher, but I was speaking in terms of that one game match-up. From mostly undrafted to Top 10 consideration next year... 8-o. One thing's for sure, he certainly won't be cheap to acquire.

Lincecum is amazing. Ubaldo is pretty great too. But I'd take linceum although I think Ubaldo may be less injury prone (Due to his body type) in the long run
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers