Return to Commissioner's Corner

Site where commish doesn’t have team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Site where commish doesn’t have team?

Postby dpdale » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:17 am

Does anyone know of a site that allows the league commissioner to not have a team? Thanks!
dpdale
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Site where commish doesn’t have team?

Postby bigmck » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:51 pm

I would think any stat service would allow that. For example I use CBS Sports. You pay a flat fee for the league. The Commish could have access to run the league, but would not have to have a team. Most would be that way. I am not sure why you or anyone would want to do that, much I wouldn't think it would be a problem.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 22)

Postby fast dogs » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:56 am

I play in a CBS league where the commish just has unwanted minor leaguers for a team, basically he just supervises for the other members. this allows him to be in the draft room & use the message board like everyone else. I also think cbs allows you to have some sort of "guest" tho I'm not 100% sure if that works exactly the same as the commish owning a dummy team
When asking for roster advice in these pages, remember there are thousands of different sets of league rules & many different active roster settings. If you want the best replies, be sure to include your leagues particulars in the original post
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 147)

Postby pacotaco27 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:46 pm

I know that ESPN allows co-owners. So you could set up a league and a team and then set up a co-owner to actually run the team. I'm not sure if the co-owner would have the same powers as the commissioner or not, though, I've never tried it.
pacotaco27
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:02 pm

pacotaco27 wrote:I know that ESPN allows co-owners. So you could set up a league and a team and then set up a co-owner to actually run the team. I'm not sure if the co-owner would have the same powers as the commissioner or not, though, I've never tried it.

You can set it up so that the Commish is a co-owner. Nothing would stop that from working.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 22)

Return to Commissioner's Corner