Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why is Zimmerman the 12th ranked cafe 3b???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Why is Zimmerman the 12th ranked cafe 3b???

Postby nolanwood » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:53 pm

High Inside Heater wrote:
californiasunshine wrote:
High Inside Heater wrote:Zimmerman is a top 3 3B and I only have Wright and Longoria ahead of him in dynasty leagues. He's young has shown to hit for both power and average and has gold glove defense at the hot corner so no worries of him ever getting pulled off it in the future. I'll let others take the ARam's, Figgins, Youkilis's of the league as I laugh every year over this kid. The only concerning knock I remember of when he got drafted was his power potential people thought he'd be a 20hr type guy but I think he can hit 35 in a given year and be between 25-30. He's a very under rated and under appreciated 3B regardless and one I wouldn't give up in any keeper/dynasty leagues. His wrist injury had a lot to play with his production last year as well.

lol zero chance you ended up laughing at the END of every other year.....I have Zim and think he's great but before this season he has exactly been spectacular to say the least, without checking I remeber 1 good season and I'm fairly certain it was his rookie year.....every other year other than this Aram>>>>>>Zim

Ryan Zimmerman had wrist surgery that sapped his production after his rookie year. It generally takes a year or so to refind the power stroke for hitters with that type of injury. I'd gladly take Zimmerman over ARam every time out.

Aram>>>>>>>>>>>>Zimmerman
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fbc_fan » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:31 am

based on tht's ratio stats for him he's been essentially the same player for the fourth consecutive year. he's had a slightly higher hr/f rate this year, so that probably accounts for the extra rbis in the counting stats. k/bb rate is nearly identical for the last few years and his babip and ld% is the same way. he's a very good player and still young. his skill set probably doesn't translate quite as well to fantasy as some other players, but i am quite high on him in keeper leagues. have been for a couple years now.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:39 am

nolanwood wrote:Aram>>>>>>>>>>>>Zimmerman

Interesting analysis... Can you explain how Aramis is infinitely better than Zimmerman given that Zimmerman is having a far superior season?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:46 am

Yoda wrote:
Interesting analysis... Can you explain how Aramis is infinitely better than Zimmerman given that Zimmerman is having a far superior season?

Zimmerman is only having a better season because Ramirez has been hurt. A-Ram has actually been crushing the ball this season. They are pretty close though IMO.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby High Inside Heater » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:06 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Zimmerman is only having a better season because Ramirez has been hurt. A-Ram has actually been crushing the ball this season. They are pretty close though IMO.

i guess same thing could apply when Zimmerman had wrist surgery? Anyways i'd rather go with the guy who is 6 years younger putting it together, thats no knock on Aram either.... just my opinion on Zimmerman being under rated amongst fantasy.
High Inside Heater
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mkultra » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:36 am

GSes wrote:yahoo still has his orank below Chris Davis

FYI, Yahoo's O-Rank is a pre-season ranking that, to the best of my knowledge, does not adjust at any point in the season. He's currently ranked at 25th overall for the season, and the #3 third baseman, sandwiched between Figgins and Youkilis (who are 24 and 26 overall, respectively).
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Well that was kind of my point. You can't say a guy who missed 2 months due to injuries is infinitely better than the guy who is currently producing like a top 25 player. Especially when said guy is young, talented and supposed to be really good.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Amatter32 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:56 am

mkultra wrote:
GSes wrote:yahoo still has his orank below Chris Davis

FYI, Yahoo's O-Rank is a pre-season ranking that, to the best of my knowledge, does not adjust at any point in the season. He's currently ranked at 25th overall for the season, and the #3 third baseman, sandwiched between Figgins and Youkilis (who are 24 and 26 overall, respectively).

Yeah, ORank stays the same, although it's strange Davis was above Zimmerman to begin with.
Amatter32
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby rookies and cream » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:21 pm

He'll be #9 next week. Also need to remember that he slumped throughout June and July. He only started to turn it on recently and now he's a bit banged up.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Yoda wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Well that was kind of my point. You can't say a guy who missed 2 months due to injuries is infinitely better than the guy who is currently producing like a top 25 player. Especially when said guy is young, talented and supposed to be really good.

Understood.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers