Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why is Zimmerman the 12th ranked cafe 3b???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why is Zimmerman the 12th ranked cafe 3b???

Postby GSes » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:07 pm

I don't get it. And it's not just the cafe, but rotoworld has him in like the overal 80's, yahoo still has his orank below Chris Davis :-o , And CBSsportsline has him low as well.

Yet all I see is a guy 1year younger then the "name god" David Wright and 1 year older then other "name god" Even Longoria...and yet he is outproducing BOTH of them. On pace for 117/31/106/292 in a no linger super pitcher friendly Was park..and at 24 he isn't even in his prime yet. I am in a competitive keeper league where he is undervalued like most leagues and I don't get how he is ranked so low by everyone. For the cafe to rank him 12 is absurd. He is a top 5 Thirdbasemn right now in 2009 and a top 5 one going forward in 2010 and future years. I would rather have him over Youks, Young, and Figgins in 2010 no???
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why is Zimmerman the 12th ranked cafe 3b???

Postby ayebatter » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Ssshhhh :-?
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 762)

Postby CadensDad » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:14 pm

I agree to a extent, but I think the team/lineup has something to do with it.
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby Padres Fan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:19 pm

agrred, the lineup has alot to do with it, also the fact that he is producing steadily, and besides his hit streaks has not gone on a monster tear to flucuate his wekly/monthly ranking, yes I am saying he is good, but boring at the same time, but would still love to have him as a keeper, at the begining of the year I was evaluating him and Alex Gordon as a 2009 breakout star, and ended up going for Gordon, D'oh.
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -1)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:31 pm

um, the Natinals have the 5th best offense in the national league by OPS, people kind of just assume that they can't hit because they're the Nationals but that hasn't been the case this year.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -58)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:37 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:um, the Natinals have the 5th best offense in the national league by OPS, people kind of just assume that they can't hit because they're the Nationals but that hasn't been the case this year.

again Ssshhhh.....

although at this point you're not stealing any of the productive guys (Dunn-Zim-Willingham-Morgan-Guzman) from unsuspecting owners.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 762)

Postby Padres Fan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:55 pm

ayebatter wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:um, the Natinals have the 5th best offense in the national league by OPS, people kind of just assume that they can't hit because they're the Nationals but that hasn't been the case this year.

again Ssshhhh.....

although at this point you're not stealing any of the productive guys (Dunn-Zim-Willingham-Morgan-Guzman) from unsuspecting owners.
You don't have to tell me man, I was stupid enough to drop Willingaham to clear a spot for a trade and he went quick, and trying to get Zimm is like pulling teeth, but can't seem to get rid of Dunnthough, maybe cuz I am packaging him with Carlos Pena lol
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -1)

Postby High Inside Heater » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:29 pm

Zimmerman is a top 3 3B and I only have Wright and Longoria ahead of him in dynasty leagues. He's young has shown to hit for both power and average and has gold glove defense at the hot corner so no worries of him ever getting pulled off it in the future. I'll let others take the ARam's, Figgins, Youkilis's of the league as I laugh every year over this kid. The only concerning knock I remember of when he got drafted was his power potential people thought he'd be a 20hr type guy but I think he can hit 35 in a given year and be between 25-30. He's a very under rated and under appreciated 3B regardless and one I wouldn't give up in any keeper/dynasty leagues. His wrist injury had a lot to play with his production last year as well.
High Inside Heater
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby californiasunshine » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:28 pm

High Inside Heater wrote:Zimmerman is a top 3 3B and I only have Wright and Longoria ahead of him in dynasty leagues. He's young has shown to hit for both power and average and has gold glove defense at the hot corner so no worries of him ever getting pulled off it in the future. I'll let others take the ARam's, Figgins, Youkilis's of the league as I laugh every year over this kid. The only concerning knock I remember of when he got drafted was his power potential people thought he'd be a 20hr type guy but I think he can hit 35 in a given year and be between 25-30. He's a very under rated and under appreciated 3B regardless and one I wouldn't give up in any keeper/dynasty leagues. His wrist injury had a lot to play with his production last year as well.

lol zero chance you ended up laughing at the END of every other year.....I have Zim and think he's great but before this season he has exactly been spectacular to say the least, without checking I remeber 1 good season and I'm fairly certain it was his rookie year.....every other year other than this Aram>>>>>>Zim
californiasunshine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby High Inside Heater » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:56 pm

californiasunshine wrote:
High Inside Heater wrote:Zimmerman is a top 3 3B and I only have Wright and Longoria ahead of him in dynasty leagues. He's young has shown to hit for both power and average and has gold glove defense at the hot corner so no worries of him ever getting pulled off it in the future. I'll let others take the ARam's, Figgins, Youkilis's of the league as I laugh every year over this kid. The only concerning knock I remember of when he got drafted was his power potential people thought he'd be a 20hr type guy but I think he can hit 35 in a given year and be between 25-30. He's a very under rated and under appreciated 3B regardless and one I wouldn't give up in any keeper/dynasty leagues. His wrist injury had a lot to play with his production last year as well.

lol zero chance you ended up laughing at the END of every other year.....I have Zim and think he's great but before this season he has exactly been spectacular to say the least, without checking I remeber 1 good season and I'm fairly certain it was his rookie year.....every other year other than this Aram>>>>>>Zim

Ryan Zimmerman had wrist surgery that sapped his production after his rookie year. It generally takes a year or so to refind the power stroke for hitters with that type of injury. I'd gladly take Zimmerman over ARam every time out.
High Inside Heater
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers