Page 8 of 10

Re: Matt Holliday Trade thread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:04 pm
by KCollins1304
CadensDad wrote:Guess this means the Braves cant add Holliday to the lineup to help. Kinda wonder which route they can go now, Atkins? Ankiel? Swisher?


Swisher is definitely not on the block, those talks were from spring training when Nady was healthy.

Re: Matt Holliday Trade thread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:39 pm
by Pogotheostrich
CadensDad wrote:Guess this means the Braves cant add Holliday to the lineup to help. Kinda wonder which route they can go now, Atkins? Ankiel? Swisher?

A live body should get you Ankiel at this point.

Re: Matt Holliday Trade thread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:51 pm
by StlSluggers
Well, it is what it is now. I'm excited to see Holliday in the lineup tonight.

Might as well hope for the best! ;-D

Re: Matt Holliday Trade thread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:22 pm
by bazzy_51
so far so good for Holliday, batting 1.000 for the Cards :*) :-D 1-1 single, SB and a run off of Ankiel's single...

Re: Matt Holliday Trade thread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:48 pm
by clevername
not a bad start, eh?

4-5, R, RBI, SB

Re: Matt Holliday Trade thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:42 am
by J35J
I think its a win-win for both clubs.....only way St. Louis loses out on this is if they don't make the playoffs and he leaves after this year but if either 1 of those things happen I still think its a win-win.

Re: Matt Holliday Trade thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:18 am
by AussieDodger
If Wallace is playing vs Seattle on Sept. 3 or 5 I'm going to JIMP. :-°

Re: Matt Holliday Trade thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:38 am
by JTWood
Yogi Berra wrote:I think its a win-win for both clubs.....only way St. Louis loses out on this is if they don't make the playoffs and he leaves after this year but if either 1 of those things happen I still think its a win-win.

So it's a win unless they lose, but even then they still win? :-S

Re: Matt Holliday Trade thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:09 am
by J35J
JTWood wrote:
Yogi Berra wrote:I think its a win-win for both clubs.....only way St. Louis loses out on this is if they don't make the playoffs and he leaves after this year but if either 1 of those things happen I still think its a win-win.

So it's a win unless they lose, but even then they still win? :-S


:-b

I guess what I was trying to say is I don't think anyone will lose because I do think at least 1 of the 2 scenerios will happen.....my expert wordsmithing will leave it at that before I go around in a circle even further. ;-D

Re: Matt Holliday Trade thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:00 pm
by jealousblues
AussieDodger wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:I'm torn.


So are GM Mozeliak and that piece of scum La Russa.
But they are torn in a place that won't let them sit down for a while by this deal ;-7


oh, come on an As fan ripping other teams on trades (because they know its the only time they can "win")

whats it matter what prospects you get if it never amounts to anything?