Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tim Hudson on your radar yet?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tim Hudson on your radar yet?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:03 am

wake wrote:Hudson has looked good in rehab but I don't see where the Braves can fit them in their rotation. Lowe, Vazquez, Jurrjens, and Hanson all have permanent spots and Kawakami has a 3.20 ERA since April. Unless Vazquez is traded within the next few days, I think Hudson has to end up in the bullpen.

Or Hanson will go to the pen.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
wake wrote:Hudson has looked good in rehab but I don't see where the Braves can fit them in their rotation. Lowe, Vazquez, Jurrjens, and Hanson all have permanent spots and Kawakami has a 3.20 ERA since April. Unless Vazquez is traded within the next few days, I think Hudson has to end up in the bullpen.

Or Hanson will go to the pen.

I dont see Hanson going to the pen, UNLESS the Braves fall out of the Wild Card completely over the next 2-3 weeks. Then it would make perfect sense so he doesn't pitch too many innings. However if we are still in it.,. I'd think these options here would make more sense.

1.)Move Kawakami(SP?) to the Pen
2.)Move Lowe to the Pen (Maybe let him close the rest of the year.)
3.)Use a 6 man rotation
4.) Trade Vazquez.

And I wasn't at all happy about getting Vazquez in the preseason. But I'm thrilled with him now, But I also think his value is as high as can be right now as well. So IF he can return a solid bat I'd think Wren would seriously have to consider it.

Also lets not forget we have Lowe through 12'
Hudson has a option 10' but it's 12Mil with a 1M buyout
Vazquez is owed 11.5M next year (Final year) No option
Kawakami through 11'

With Jurrijens and Hanson locked up for 2-3 more years each, One of the 4 above most likely wont be here next year, and unless Hudson comes in and dominates the last 8 weeks, Most likely he will be the one gone next year.
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby Rubidium » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:40 am

Nothing set in stone yet, but:

When Tim Hudson began his Minor League rehab assignment, he wondered whether he would be deemed ready to return to the Atlanta rotation before September arrived.

But as the Braves continue to legitimize themselves as postseason contenders, they are at least allowing themselves to remain open about the possibility that Hudson could be part of their starting rotation for the regular season's final six weeks.

If Hudson is asked to make four more rehab starts, he'd be in line to rejoin the Atlanta rotation around Aug. 21.

When Hudson returns, there's reason to believe the Braves could move Kenshin Kawakami to the bullpen. The Japanese hurler has been bothered by right shoulder soreness throughout this season. While pitching in Japan last year, shoulder discomfort led him to shut his season down after just 117 innings.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... Id=rss_atl
Rubidium
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -1)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:47 am

who's a better DL stash, hudson or marcum?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -36)

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:09 am

*UPDATE*

all looks to be going well and barring any set backs Hudson could be back in the Majors under a pitch count soon...

Sat, Aug 15
RHP Tim Hudson (Tommy John surgery) pitched four innings on his latest rehab assignment, August 13 with Class AAA Gwinnett. He was scheduled to go five innings, up to 60 pitches, but had reached 63 pitches after four innings. He was pleased with his split-finger fastball -- clocked anywhere between 90 and 93 mph -- and his cutter, which hit 87 to 89 mph. Hudson is expected to need at least two more starts; the goal is to build up to 90 pitches.
(Yahoo! Sports)
Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -4)

Postby ensanimal » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:59 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:who's a better DL stash, hudson or marcum?

Doesn't look like Marcum will pitch this year in the majors.

Rotoworld wrote:Shaun Marcum (elbow surgery) will most likely finish the 2009 season in the minors.

"He's healthy," general manager J.P. Ricciardi said. "There's nothing wrong with him, but there's no reason to rush him. He's going to pitch next year for us. He'll be like 17 months post-op at that time. He feels good. We'll probably just keep throwing him, but there's really probably no need to get him to the big leagues at this point." At one point the Jays thought that Marcum, who underwent Tommy John surgery last September, could return in August, but he tweaked his back towards the end of July, leading the Jays to reconsider their plans. Marcum has a 2.30 ERA in five rehab appearances.
Source: MLB.com
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -152)

Postby George_Foreman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Barring injuries, Hudson will be activated when rosters expand in September. I imagine he'll get some starts to give extra rest to Hanson (limit his innings on the year) and Kawakami (much better when pitching on an extra day of rest).
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers