Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rules of CG...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rules of CG...

Postby B-Chad » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:03 am

could someone please explain the rules of a CG. I play in a league that includes CG in its H2H categories, and own Matt Cain. I know I've been on both the positive and negative end of rain shortened CG's, so obviously they do happen. I understand the game ended in the middle of the Giants half of the inning, and am assuming this is why Cain isn't credited with the CG... but given he was the only pitcher to face the Nats, I'm curious how the rule works. Any clarification would be appreciated. I'm feeling a bit upset as the game should have been called after the Nats at bats as it was pouring their... and I ran into Harrang's start, lol :-b ... any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rules of CG...

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:32 am

I'm sure he still gets the CG
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/latosma01.shtml. Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -361)

Postby B-Chad » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:48 am

Yahoo! has not credited him, though it has already credited him with the win... I'll be curious to see.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:35 am

i would think if the actual game is completed (not postponded to be finished later) and only one pitcher pitched that entire finished game that it should be a complete game.

just read rotoworld.com and according to them Cain is credited with a complete game.
Matt Cain allowed one run over five innings on Thursday night, picking up a win in the Giants' rain-shortened 4-1 victory over the Nationals.
The game was delayed with two outs in the top of the sixth, and was eventually called when the rain was showing no signs of letting up an hour later. Cain, who struck out seven and walked two, is credited with a five-inning complete game and improves to 7-1 on the year.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby JTWood » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:07 pm

It's been my personal experience that these rain-shortened CGs usually take a day or two to populate the system.

Just give it time. ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -255)

Return to Baseball Leftovers