Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ervin Santana

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ervin Santana

Postby Polar Bear » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:19 am

Is this guy still hurt or is it going to take some time for him to get back into form?

He is a great buy low guy right now in a few leagues. Owners have hung onto him while he was injured and his last two outings have made them impatient and ready to deal him.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ervin Santana

Postby yank33s » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:59 am

i still have him, he produces a lot of strikeouts, 7-8 a game. im keeping him because there are no better pitchers in my league.
yank33s
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby fezzik » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:20 am

His fastball is down 3-4 mph from last season. As a result his Ks are down. I'm hoping he just needs to build up his arms strength and his drop in velocity isn't going to be permanent or long-lasting.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:41 pm

fezzik wrote:His fastball is down 3-4 mph from last season. As a result his Ks are down. I'm hoping he just needs to build up his arms strength and his drop in velocity isn't going to be permanent or long-lasting.

That and his location is a bit off, which is related some with Ervin building up his arm strength. The lack of velocity comes in when Ervin normally tries to bite the hitter into looking/swinging on the edge of the strike zone or down and away. When he can't do that and he's had to throw a strike, he's proven to be a bit hittable. No surprise to see Ervin in a rough patch immediately.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Return to Baseball Leftovers