Return to Baseball Leftovers

Creative Red Sox fans trying to vote Milledge as All Star

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Creative Red Sox fans trying to vote Milledge as All Star

Postby acsguitar » Fri May 29, 2009 10:21 am

I don't get it. Why is this a big deal? Why is Milledge the one they are choosing?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 29, 2009 10:24 am

acsguitar wrote:I don't get it. Why is this a big deal? Why is Milledge the one they are choosing?

I would presume because each team must have a representative at the game, so the Nat's rep would be a guy who is in AAA, essentially putting more egg on their face.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby acsguitar » Fri May 29, 2009 1:39 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I don't get it. Why is this a big deal? Why is Milledge the one they are choosing?

I would presume because each team must have a representative at the game, so the Nat's rep would be a guy who is in AAA, essentially putting more egg on their face.

Ahhh why do red sox fans hate the nationals?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 29, 2009 2:02 pm

acsguitar wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Red Sox = Cool Kidz in High School
Nats = ACS in High School
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri May 29, 2009 2:52 pm

acsguitar wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

They don't - it has nothing to do with the Natinals. It has everything to do with the fact that Milledge is the only AAA guy on the ballot. It is a poke at MLB, Selig, and the ASG voting, not at Washington.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby walkoffblast » Fri May 29, 2009 3:13 pm

acsguitar wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

For those who did not read the link it is worth pointing out that this is not that widespread and definitely not solely a red sox idea. The only link to red sox is that one of the sources is a message on sonsofsamhorn but another source is a nationals fan.
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -18)

Postby Althalius » Sat May 30, 2009 2:34 am

I remember in middle school there was a contest to see which grade (6th, 7th, or 8th) could raise the most money for some nonprofit. Each grade had two of those water cooler jugs to collect money (Positive and Negative). If you added money to the Positive jug for 8th grade, you would increase the amount of money the 8th graders raised. If you added money to the Negative jug for 8th grade, you would decrease their total.

I was reminded about that when I read this article, because it seems that AL-fans could elect undeserving players to the NL All-Star team for a different reason other than to demonstrate the stupidity of the system, and for shits and giggles--strategically. If people care about home-field advantage in the World Series, then AL-fans should want their team to have the best chance possible of beating the NL-team. I doubt it would happen because of collective action problems, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless (or at least I think so).
Althalius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Sat May 30, 2009 5:06 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:Red Sox bashing is hilarious.

a commenter on Yahoo wrote:Boston isn't the best team in the division, they lost that distinction when they "traded" Manny to L.A.

It wasn't really even a trade. :-b

That's why "traded" is in quotes. The author was being sarcastic.

Bloody Sox wrote:They don't - it has nothing to do with the Natinals. It has everything to do with the fact that Milledge is the only AAA guy on the ballot. It is a poke at MLB, Selig, and the ASG voting, not at Washington.

Exactly. ;-D

The current voting setup is a total joke and it needs serious changing. If this stunt gets MLB to make some changes for the better, then I'm all for it. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby REBEL5 AC » Sat May 30, 2009 10:39 am

Ryan Zimmerman will be the Nats rep for the All Star Game
REBEL5 AC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat May 30, 2009 1:29 pm

REBEL5 AC wrote:Ryan Zimmerman will be the Nats rep for the All Star Game

Adam Dunn could be deserving too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers