Return to Baseball Leftovers

How do you handle bad trade offers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby fezzik » Sat May 23, 2009 1:59 am

AussieDodger wrote:
fezzik wrote:I find out where he lives, go to his house, ring his doorbell, and run away.


Oh that was you, you SOB.

I thought I smelt something :-D


I have been told I have a rather particular odor...a musky combination of pine, bacon, and awesome. I hope I didn't make you hungry.

I never like to hijack threads, so to alleviate any possible guilt I will attempt an honest and thought-provoking answer. I typically just click reject and forget about it. If it keeps happening, I'll keep just rejecting it. If it keeps happening, I might send him an email requesting no more lopsided offers. If he responds with a ? and feels his offers are perfectly fair, then I would simply ask him to no longer send me trade offers of any kind. If he continued to send me trade offers after that request, then I would find out where he lives, go to his house, ring his doorbell, and run away.
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2412
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby foeplay » Sat May 23, 2009 2:10 am

I didn't read all the replies so this has probably been said, ignore the bad trade offer until it goes away.
Image
foeplay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 378
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Orange County

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby Rohan » Sat May 23, 2009 2:11 am

the izzy wrote:
Rohan wrote:We simply just eliminate the little whiners, and everything is back to "normal"


Wow, has your league eliminated you yet? I mean, you're whining about the whiners a lot. You need to just give it a rest. If you play in a league of b*tchy little men that have to send vulgar messages back and forth 20 times a day, then I feel very sorry for you. I prefer to play in a league of friends. A league were if we have one owner is trying to low ball other teams, we like to ride him for it (in good fun). If the owners in your league(s) cannot handle constructive criticism, or being the butt of a joke every once in a while, then you probably should filter your messages.

Look, lets just agree to disagree so we don't have to keep going back and forth.

You league cannot take a joke. My league can.

Image


Your not seeing the point. NOBODY CARES When/if, and how many bad offers you receive, and sending messages crying to the league won't do any good. Nobody wants to read it. I was just stating what happened last year when we had a couple guys as you describe as yourself, sending email, after email after email, insulting each other.. YOU find the other person's email address, phone number, or home address and settle it with that team. WE WON'T HELP YOU.. Do you understand??? In a 14 team league, the twelve of us have NO say in what you do and your attempt to WARN any of the 12 teams won't work, it will not persuade any of us to send/ receive offers to that team.

So step up to the plate, be a man, and handle it yourself, you crying little baby. understand??? LOL LOL
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 853
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby Rohan » Sat May 23, 2009 2:16 am

CadensDad wrote:
Rohan wrote:

No- I don't play in a league of women. Men actually. We don't have to CRY to our MOMMA's when a trade that YOU think is bad and post messages and send emails to everyone crying about bad trade offers. I doubt it an owner is sending you Michael Cuddyer for Pujols offers time and time again. If he is, he's probably doing it because your an A HOLE.
We simply just eliminate the little whiners, and everything is back to "normal"


Sorry this post made me LOL, "I play with MEN!"


Men, or something else?? Here's an idea. Instead of posting messages to the league and emailing everyone, buy some advertising space on ESPN put his team name up there,
and recite some of his trade offers. That should get a few more people to notice, more than just twelve..
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 853
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby DaShiz23 » Sat May 23, 2009 5:43 am

Rohan wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
Rohan wrote:

No- I don't play in a league of women. Men actually. We don't have to CRY to our MOMMA's when a trade that YOU think is bad and post messages and send emails to everyone crying about bad trade offers. I doubt it an owner is sending you Michael Cuddyer for Pujols offers time and time again. If he is, he's probably doing it because your an A HOLE.
We simply just eliminate the little whiners, and everything is back to "normal"


Sorry this post made me LOL, "I play with MEN!"


Men, or something else?? Here's an idea. Instead of posting messages to the league and emailing everyone, buy some advertising space on ESPN put his team name up there,
and recite some of his trade offers. That should get a few more people to notice, more than just twelve..

This. ;-D


I usually try to work out a 'fair' counter, first. If I get some crap back, I will edumacate the offender. Usually after that, they either try to work with you, leave you alone, or try to explain why Fukudome is worth, like way more than Hamels. At this point, I ignore, then watch them in my rear-view. :-D
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3405
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Don't call it a comeback.

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby chadlincoln » Sat May 23, 2009 12:05 pm

You've got to watch out though. I had some junk trades going back and forth with a manager. I accepted the trade and the prick commish froze my team and had a league vote of whether or not to kick me out. Nothing happened to the other manager.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10960
(Past Year: -23)
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby the izzy » Sat May 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Rohan, I'm done arguing w/ you, because you keep failing to see that not every league is like yours.

EDIT: To get back on topic

If you are in a no-fun league like Rohan, in which every manager is easily offended, then counter, reject or ignore.

If you are in a league w/ friends, and they can take a joke and don't mind being made fun of, after trying to counter, reject and ignore, sometimes the best thing to do is post them on a message board. That way everybody gets a laugh out of it. The laughter can break the tension and often times lead to resolution.
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 290
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sat May 23, 2009 1:25 pm

I just reject the trade offers with a note, especially if it's a keeper league, stating where I stand. For example, I put Carlos Lee and Granderson on my trading block saying that I needed some SPs...so I get on offer of his Cliff Lee for my BJ Upton (it's a 5 player, 14 team keeper league, so no way)...instead of getting all pissy I just added a message to the reject saying that I'd need someone of BJ's caliber back if I was to part with him...and I haven't heard back from that team.

But you never know what people will do. Three weeks ago I offered a guy my Adam Jones for his Alexis Ramirez after Alexis was losing playing time and the guy posted a message to the message board stating that I needed to not send him BS offers my 13th round pick for his 6th round pick...I was stunned that he was offended...and now he wishes he had actually done the trade...so you never know.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1992
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 9 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In mancave playing CodMW2

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby Rohan » Sat May 23, 2009 2:57 pm

the izzy wrote:Rohan, I'm done arguing w/ you, because you keep failing to see that not every league is like yours.

EDIT: To get back on topic

If you are in a no-fun league like Rohan, in which every manager is easily offended, then counter, reject or ignore.

If you are in a league w/ friends, and they can take a joke and don't mind being made fun of, after trying to counter, reject and ignore, sometimes the best thing to do is post them on a message board. That way everybody gets a laugh out of it. The laughter can break the tension and often times lead to resolution.


YOU still don't understand. It's not that people get offended. It's WE don't CARE. We or any new team we accept in doesn't want to receive email , after email, after email,
of some whiner's bad trade offer. If/when you reject the offer, the bad trades will stop. WHY CAN'T YOU GET THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS?? it makes no sense for the other twelve owners to receive junk email.
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 853
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How do you handle bad trade offers

Postby REBEL5 AC » Sat May 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Rohan wrote:
the izzy wrote:Rohan, I'm done arguing w/ you, because you keep failing to see that not every league is like yours.

EDIT: To get back on topic

If you are in a no-fun league like Rohan, in which every manager is easily offended, then counter, reject or ignore.

If you are in a league w/ friends, and they can take a joke and don't mind being made fun of, after trying to counter, reject and ignore, sometimes the best thing to do is post them on a message board. That way everybody gets a laugh out of it. The laughter can break the tension and often times lead to resolution.


YOU still don't understand. It's not that people get offended. It's WE don't CARE. We or any new team we accept in doesn't want to receive email , after email, after email,
of some whiner's bad trade offer. If/when you reject the offer, the bad trades will stop. WHY CAN'T YOU GET THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS?? it makes no sense for the other twelve owners to receive junk email.


WHO CARES?!?!?!?! SHUT...UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i
REBEL5 AC
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 255
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron