Yahoo is sloppy lately.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo is sloppy lately.

Postby Old_Style » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:16 am

Guys, I think Yahoo asploded.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -218)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:25 am

Updates are running now.

While I understand that it is frustrating (I'd like to see *my* leagues updated), to put things in perspective. Nothing had been posted to this thread in just about 3 weeks. Last night, our provider didn't send us stats. We have alerts that are intended to fire if it gets to be early morning and that hasn't happened, since there are legitimate reasons why they sometimes deliver updates late into the night/early morning. Those alerts fired. Woke up multiple people on our team, who contacted our stats provider. The provider then sent the stats, and within minutes updates were running. Ergo, we are sucking, we are terrible, we are garbage, and people should get fired (which would definitely help you get a higher quality product). There was some truth in that we were "asleep at the wheel", until the alerts fired and woke us up as soon as a problem was confirmed.

On a related note, I'd expect StatTracker is working much better these days. During the time that poster's here assured other poster's here we were doing nothing and had no interest in fixing the problem, we were actively pursuing our provider to get them to fix their stat delivery issues. They fixed multiple problems, and our monitors tell us the problems/stalls are substantially improved. We continue to monitor and inform them when we see or hear of problems with the real-time stats.

Like I said, I understand it is frustrating when things don't work perfectly. We are very unhappy when these things happen as well. It is the immediate leap to saying we don't care, and calling for people to be fired no less, that I can't say I understand.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 22)

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:54 am

Can't imagine what stat tracker is going to be like when it is a free service. :-o Wont have to worry though our league voted to make the switch to ESPN for football and baseball ;-D
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -52)

Postby WyldStallyn » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:56 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Updates are running now.

While I understand that it is frustrating (I'd like to see *my* leagues updated), to put things in perspective. Nothing had been posted to this thread in just about 3 weeks. Last night, our provider didn't send us stats. We have alerts that are intended to fire if it gets to be early morning and that hasn't happened, since there are legitimate reasons why they sometimes deliver updates late into the night/early morning. Those alerts fired. Woke up multiple people on our team, who contacted our stats provider. The provider then sent the stats, and within minutes updates were running. Ergo, we are sucking, we are terrible, we are garbage, and people should get fired (which would definitely help you get a higher quality product). There was some truth in that we were "asleep at the wheel", until the alerts fired and woke us up as soon as a problem was confirmed.

On a related note, I'd expect StatTracker is working much better these days. During the time that poster's here assured other poster's here we were doing nothing and had no interest in fixing the problem, we were actively pursuing our provider to get them to fix their stat delivery issues. They fixed multiple problems, and our monitors tell us the problems/stalls are substantially improved. We continue to monitor and inform them when we see or hear of problems with the real-time stats.

Like I said, I understand it is frustrating when things don't work perfectly. We are very unhappy when these things happen as well. It is the immediate leap to saying we don't care, and calling for people to be fired no less, that I can't say I understand.

when the same problems keep popping up every few weeks (or few days earlier this season) and your users don't see any improvement in the system, what do you expect people to think? it's nearly noon here on the east coast and I still can't see my team's stats. so you say that you guys worked on fixing the problem immediately, yet it's been hours since you say you have been notified of the problem.
the other main fantasy providers do not have these problems nearly as often, yet you get upset when people criticise your service for having them again and again. nobody likes criticism, but for you to say that you don't understand why you're receiving it is surprising to me.
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -2)

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:57 am

jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -216)

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:58 am

Guys, its a free service...
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:58 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Updates are running now.

Genie, thank you for the update. I appreciate how you always make an effort to communicate what is going on on yahoo's side to this web-site. I apologize for my "sucking" comment, and I agree that calling for people to get fired is inappropriate. However, I do feel that people have the right to be upset. Many of us are being charged for a product yet on many occasions this season we have not received what we have expected to pay for. The fact that you are accepting the lack of a post in this thread for 3 weeks as a good thing is disturbing. I personally feel as though this problem shouldn't be occurring at all, let a lone on a once a month basis. Think of it this way, if my cable goes out at home even if just for a few minutes I'm upset because I pay for that product. I immediately call the cable company to find out whats wrong and to express my discontent. I pay for yahoo to provide the scores and details of my matchups on a daily basis and here it is 12:00 am est and I have no update.

Like I said perhaps some of the comments were out of line, but the general public certainly has the right to be upset over this issue...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:59 am

DaSh 1s wrote:Guys, its a free service...

false, some of us pay for a plus league and stats aren't updated...

erroneous
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:59 am

acsguitar wrote:It's really hard to slack off and do no work when I can't check my fantasy scores

Quoted for the truth. I have been working like a dog all morning and I don't like it :-)
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 pm

so is yahoo gonna scrap the PLUS leagues? i heard stat tracker will be free for football, does that mean no more paying for PLUS?

i'm trying espn this year and it's gotten yahoo beat on many features and its totally free. i think at least yahoo should and will offer free live scoring and stat tracker.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -36)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers