Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please, Rate My Squad! 14 Teamer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please, Rate My Squad! 14 Teamer

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:54 pm

Like my fellow leaguemates Invictus and j24jags before me, I thought I'd post my roster in the Brushback League. No one posted any comments about the league as a whole (there's a thread a bit lower down), so we thought this might be less daunting a task to rate each team individually. ;-D It is a 14 team 5x5 ROTO league where we can each keep 5 players indefinitely, but lose the round they were drafted in.

C Matt Weiters (will play Chris Snyder until he is called up)
1B Lance Berkman
2B Chase Utley
3B Hank Blalock
SS Orlando Cabrera
CI Adrian Gonzalez
MI Orlando Hudson
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Jay Bruce
OF Justin Upton
OF Shin Soo Choo
Util David Dejesus or Travis Hafner

SP Chad Billingsley
SP Zack Greinke
SP Daisuke Matsuzaka
RP Chad Qualls
RP Joel Hanrahan
RP Hong-Chih Kuo
P Max Scherzer
P Ryan Dempster
P Gavin Floyd
Bench - Andy Sonnanstine, Anibal Sanchez, Brett Anderson

I first concentrated on a stable veteran base with my early picks (Utley, Berkman, AGon) in order so that I could concentrate on youth much of the rest of the draft. Personally, I think my only real problem here might be my relievers, but considering its a 14 team league, I think I'll be in the middle of the pack in saves as long as neither Qualls or Hanrahan lose their jobs.

Leave a link! B-)
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please, Rate My Squad! 14 Teamer

Postby NittanyLions1 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Like your pitching, Kuo will definitely help with your peripherals. Hanrahan will probably hurt them but who knows, he may progress from last year, and he does have the stuff to do it (hopefully he does since I have him also! :-) ). Your starters are probably your strongest point imo as Bills and DiceK will get you a ton of wins and Ks. Greinke could actually be awesome this year with what looks like a much improved (maturing) offense in KC. Your hitting is average imo though and you're gonna need some good things to happen like Blalock staying healthy, Hudson actually picking it up instead of showing the regression that he has, and Bruce, Upton, and Choo living up to their potential. Overall though this lineup should allow you to compete in every category which is what you want in the beginning of the year right! Good luck!!

Thoughts on mine please?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374118&p=3000561#p3000561
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team